Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland
$101
ComfortInn
$109
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

$59
Sage Motel(Vernal)
Book now, pay at stay
$54
$50
All reviewsfront deskpancake machineihg hotelsdinosaur national monumentclean roomscinnamon rollsbreakfast staffroad noisegreat place to staystaff was friendlydefinitely stay here againexcellent stayking suitebiscuits and gravybreakfast rooman upgradefree breakfast
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The stay at this hotel was great.The hotel is put together wonderfully from the friendly staff, to the rooms and breakfast and yes even the price. Hospitality from the hotel makes or breaks a person's stay and I would like to commend the friendliness and helpfulness of this staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny F
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our first trip to Vernal with a couple friends headed to a late vacation. My friend booked the room online & got a good deal, otherwise we prefer Marriott. When we arrived the location was great & lobby was quite appealing. The clerk at the desk was nowhere to be found. We waited for about 15 minutes til we saw her, smelling of cigarettes and very sloppy looking as if she had just woken up. When it came to paperwork, We asked where the price was when signing the paper & she had no idea. She said she had to preauthorize my friends card for $50 and didn't know when it would release. She was clueless. We called down for extra blankets & the phone rang and rang and rang and rang! We waited til the morning to find someone who could actually help us. Hotel was great besides the service when we walked in. She didn't have a name tag or else I would have gladly named her. Get someone who actually looks presentable and isn't spending all the work shift smoking cigarettes and we might come back.

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd floor (top)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cal R
Sidney S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Cal, Thank you for taking a moment to share a few shortfalls regarding your recent stay, I want to start by apologizing regarding how you were treated and the service of our front desk. The level of service provided is not what we are known for at the Holiday Inn Express in Vernal and I am sorry you did not experience us at our normal level of service. I assure I am working very closely with this employee on her performance and appearance so these issues will not happen again. If you are ever visiting Vernal in the near future please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to assist with arrangements here ssmith@mars-llc.com.
Sidney Smith
General Manager.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

The family and I just stayed one night and it was a very nice place to stay the pool is nice the kids like the hot tub and the free breakfast pancakes eggs the whole bit. I like the staff everyone was friendly but what was surprising was I thought the hotel was brand new because of its good condition when actually it was a couple years old I'll be staying here again good job folks

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank streba99016
Sidney S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice review! What you have mentioned is indeed a great advantage that set us apart. We try hard to keep everything look new and good condition. My staff was very happy to hear this.
Thanks again, and hope to see you soon

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The economy of Vernal is booming with oil field developments...and hotel and restaurant meal costs are also booming...meaning this is an expensive destination for tourists. The HIE is one of the newer hotels, and it is located at the western end of town. The hotel is clean, modern, well furnished with new 'stuff' and offers rooms equivalent to other HIE's. Great staff greet you upon arrival and at breakfast. Usual HIE breakfast...not our favourite. The price point is an issue for tourists like us...paying at least a 30% premium (our experience) for this hotel over comparable HIE's at other destinations...ergo our rating of 3 for this hotel. Don't let our rating mislead you: for a business/company stay, this is a good, recommended hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear trainchasercalgary,

First of all, we like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and we also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your valuable comment with us. Guest comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests’ feel it is necessary. We always encourage our guests to let us know right away if there are any issues or needs that they experience during their stay with us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed for two nights and found the staff helpful, the room and common areas clean and well maintained and the location was convenient to everything. I am not a fan of the free breakfast that the brand offers, but this I believe is a brand issue and not an issue with the franchisees.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MaineFreqntTraveler

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. You were correct about our breakfast, but we're always looking to improve our breakfast and we continue to improve the best we can. We appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you and we hope to see you again soon!