“Great hotel. What I want in a stay!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Vernal
Draper, Utah
“Great hotel. What I want in a stay!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We just finished up after a week of travel staying in three different hotels in two states. This was by far the cleanest hotel of all of them. The rooms were very spacious. The beds were wonderful. The furnishings were either new or very up to date. The breakfast was done very well. The access was easy to local restaurants and to Dinosaur monument. I would definitely stay here next time I pass through Vernal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Historian1183
Sidney S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Well thank you for being a Great Guest! I am so excited to share this wonderfull review with my staff. It has been a pleasure to be apart of your trip to the Dinosaur Monument. Thank you again for staying with us and we look foward to letting us serve you in your next visit to Vernal.

Sidney Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I didn't realize that Vernal can be so busy for little town. I got their last room for the evening and boy was I lucky; driving to Denver there is nothing much for miles to the next hotel.
The staff was all happy spirits about them while I was there which in turn set up a good mood for all the guests. This place was top notch and everything seemed brand new and clean. If you are rolling the dice on a place to stay in Vernal, you'll score big at the Holiday Inn

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Randy M
Sidney S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you sir for taking the time to leave a positive review. This review made the hotels day! I am so pleased that you dicided to stay with us; you made the right choice. I hope the rest of your travels to Denver went well. Hope to see you again!
Murray, Utah
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here for the Dino half marathon in May. This hotel is conveniently located right off highway 40 and is close to restaurants, yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area.

The room was about $100 for a Friday night and overall I am pleased with my stay. The bed was comfortable, the room clean and the bathroom was spacious and serviceable. They had a fitness room and a nice looking pool. I slept comfortably as well.

One of the advantages of staying here is the complimentary breakfast, which was definitely worthwhile. There was plenty of variety.

The staff was friendly and competent, including a hard working night manager who come up to adjust our TV.

I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mchenryed
Sidney S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
What a joy it has been to read your review of our hotel to my team. Thank you for taking the time in sharing. We are very pleased that you had a good experience. I hope the Dino half marathon was a success for you and we'd love to see you on your next run.
Thanks again,
Sidney Smith
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good expierience everytime I visit. Brittney and Amanda are always a joy to deal with. Staff is knoweledgable for the area and are very helpful. The rooms are always nice and clean. I signed up as a priority club member and stay here whenever I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Matt D
Sidney S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to do a wonderful review for us. You honestly made Brittany and Amanda's day with this review! We are so lucky to have you stay with us as much as you do. Look forward to seeing you again!
Take care
Springville, Utah
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went for an overnight stay with our kids. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The room was very clean and nice. The location was great. The kids had a great time swimming in the pool, which was very clean and well cared for. The breakfast was excellent, there was so much offered, I was pleasantly surprised. There is a lot of different places to stay in town but I would stay here first hands down.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank dsleight
Sidney S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I am looking foward to sharing this with everyone on my team. I was so nice to hear that you've selected us as our Vernal stop, and we are glad to have you with us. Thank you again for taking the time in completing this review and we look foward to seeing next time!
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here traveling for work and upon check in, Amanda was very helpful and nice. She even signed me up for priority club to receive points for my stays, as I will continue to be staying here when I return on frequent work trips. The rooms were nice and very roomy. There was a microwave and fridge, which was very convenient. The only thing that I was annoyed with, was the breakfast area. The food was good and lots of it, but the ladies working were always cackling and talking really loud, and seemed like they took cigarette breaks every 15 minutes. They would come back from outside smelling like smoke when they walked through the dining area filled with guests. I think the serving time was only a few hours and I guess I would think they could wait until it was over to be smoking, since they are dealing with peoples food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Smart_Cookie30
Sidney S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time in sharing your experience on trip advisor. I appricate that you mentioned Amanda and the great job she is doing. She was very happy to see your comment. In addition, I apologize that your experience during breakfast was not good. I've address your concern with my staff so that we can fix the problem and that it wont happen again. Thank you again for staying with us during your business and trip and we look foward to having you back!
Clearfield, Utah
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We reserved a night here and a snowstorm blew in. We had reserved a room online, requesting a tub and shower combination, but when we arrived, we had been booked into a room with shower only. We pointed this out to the management and they immediately corrected it for us. The room was excellent, clean, quiet, and comfortable. We also asked for a contingency reservation for the next evening in case we could not safely travel due to the weather. Our experience here was excellent in every detail. We got the right room amenities both nights, had a great hot breakfast. Lots of options, food was fresh and delicious. Brittany was awesome!

Danny W.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Danny W
Sidney S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. This was a very lovely review and I plan on sharing this will my employees. It was so nice to meet you both, we truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we are glad that you made it home safely through the snow. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernal
SpringHill Suites Vernal
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Naples Vernal
BEST WESTERN Antlers
BEST WESTERN Antlers
#7 of 17 in Vernal

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland? Share your experiences!