Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland
Excellent 5/5
Motel 6(Vernal)
Antlers Inn(Vernal)
Average 3/5
All reviewsfront deskpancake machineihg hotelsdinosaur national monumentclean roomscinnamon rollsbreakfast staffroad noisegreat place to staystaff was friendlydefinitely stay here againexcellent stayking suitebiscuits and gravybreakfast rooman upgradefree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at here for just one night. It was close to Dinosaur National Monument. It was clean which is very important. The staff was friendly and they have a great breakfast.

It is right off the main highway on the west end of town. It much better to stay in Vernal than in Dinosaur, Colorado. There isn't much there. It is only about an hour from Flaming Gorge. There is a lot to do in that area.

We went to Dinosaur National Monument and also the field museum there which were well worth the time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank WhereAreTheTickets
Samantha B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and visit to our little town. I am glad you got to visit our monument and museum they are very nice. Please think of us again should you like to revisit our Dinasour Land and feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you. Thank you

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I left my iPad in my room; cleaning staff found it, and mgr. Samantha went literally "out of her way" to make sure I got it "overnight" for another trip where it was MUCH needed. Many thanks to them! I appreciate their honesty and helpfulness. Staff was also helpful to place my ice packs (for recent knee injury) in their freezer; thanks! I agree with JoefromOklahoma, John D., and shardguard. Others' comment on "thin walls" and "*small* pool" (highly chlorinated) are unfortunately also true. Overall a good experience which could have been almost disastrous if my iPad had not been returned!

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on the back; it's noisy enough there but in the front you'd have street/highway traffic noise, too.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dlynnsor

Thank you so much for your review. It is customers like you who take the time to write a review that help us know how we are doing. I am happy to hear we were able to get your IPad back in time for your next trip. I hope you will join us agian if your travels bring you back to our town.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were just passing through and were pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was. The front desk clerk was very pleasant. The room was clean and nice with good furniture. Breakfast was good. The hundreds of flower pots along the main street in town were awesome. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JoefromOklahoma
Samantha B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I am very happy to hear that your stay with us was very plesant and that you also enjoyed our little town. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistants to you.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst attending a conference. Room rates are high, however, all of Vernal lodging places have inflated rates due to the large oil and gas drilling operations that surround the town. Staff was friendly, helpful and courteous, great breakfast each morning along with a daily newspaper. Property is new, and the rooms are up to date (which they should be in a new property) with modern decor and furnishings.

Room Tip: Elevator sometimes slow due to hotel being fully booked - try for a room on the first floor to avoid waiting!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank shardguard

Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us how your stay was. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the staff and facility to be exceptional. It is our goal to make every guests stay an enjoyable one and hope you will be back soon to visit. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had 5 rooms here after nearly a month on the road as a family of 5 (three teens) and had got used to many hotels in a short time. This one rates as one of the best we stayed at, very clean, aircon works well as do the showers which are excellent. We had one minor problem with one room, the windows wouldn't lock shut due to a broken lock and the room faced the highway and was consequently very noisy. Immediately I reported this, the room was changed and upgraded to a suite and all with a smile and no fuss. I just wish other hotels sorted problems so quickly and nicely. We all got a seriously good sleep in very comfortable (new) beds. Front Desk staff gave us a list of restaurants to eat at in the evening that they knew - we took one of their recommends and had a great meal. One of the best HI Express offers we have had - thanks guys.

Room Tip: A small tip to totally avoid any road noise - ask for a room that doesn't face the highway - mind you with working windows the road noise is almost totally closed out. This is but a minor tip thus as the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank John D

Thank you so much for your review! I appreciate you taking the time to tell us how your stay went. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the front desk was very helpful. I do appologise for the issue you had with one of your first rooms and want to thank you for bringing that issue to the front desk attention so that we could not only fix the problem promply but also allow us to make it right for you. It is our goal to make every guests stay an enjoyable one and hope you will be back soon for a visit.