“Baseball team”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Vernal
GJ
“Baseball team”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a baseball tournament. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel, and the rooms in the hotel. The rooms were clean, and roomy. The staff was EXCELLENT through out our stay - helpful, accommodating and very patient as we had a large group of boys! The breakfast was excellent, the only problem was they were out of pancake mix and that's what the boys were really wanting. I did hear some diesel truck traffic about 4-5 in the morning that was a bit irritating so you may want to consider asking for a quiet side if this bothers you. Thanks again to all of the staff at this hotel - you made our stay great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Samantha B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for addressing some concerns. It is my goal to make every guests stay an enjoyable one and will take your feed back to ensure future great stays! I am so glad you found the staff to be helpful and will make sure they know what a good job they are doing. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist you with anything. Thank you so much again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Merced, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed here 6 weeks ago and had a great experience. Came back this weekend and- GROSS! First, they didn't honor the rate I booked online. Then the floor in the room had splotches of baby barf (or at least that is what it looked like) The counter by the microwave had food particles on it and the toilet was clogged. Not a good start to a comfortable hotel room! So then they allow us to change hotel rooms. The second room was better but the bathroom floor was very sticky. I will NOT be back and don't recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank PackUpTheFamily&Go
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed on a weekday which just happened to be when everything in town was full. The price was a bit high but well worth it. The clerk at the front desk had her hands full. She was the only one there with a tons of people to check in and phone calls coming in. Yet she still treated us wonderful. She handled herself well and made time for us. The rooms had nice TVs and comfy beds. They make cookies too! The Internet was high speed and the clerk helped us print some maps. Very good .

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Bugjuice53
La Crescenta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

We weren't expecting much, staying in a small town like Vernal. But we were very impressed with the room size and decor, and the hot breakfast. This was a modern, clean place to stay at a reasonable price. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cathy c
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Stayed here one night on our way to Rocky Mountain National Park. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and the breakfast room had plenty of seating. I love the pancake machine. Nothing like pushing a button and 2 pancakes roll out the other side. Room was clean and the bed comfortable. I'd recommend you bring ear plugs if you get a room on the highway side. The traffic can be loud at times.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the highway
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank solartj
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Beautiful hotel, but right on the road and the trucks kept us up all night long....all night long. Never slept one minute. I would stay here again ONLY if we were able to get rooms on the back side of the building.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelingmanFlorida
City of Venice, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I recently made a road trip from Denver to Sun Valley, ID. I took a scenic road through northwest CO. I almost stayed in the beautiful Steamboat Springs, CO where I found good rates at very nice resorts. I thought I would go a little further on the trip and have a good start on the next day. Daniels Park and Park City, UT were a further drive, but much better hotels and prices. I found vacancy signs at several hotels in Vernal but I thought I would work on my Holiday Inn points. I was shocked when I was quoted the price (even with AAA). More than $100.00 above 3 other hotels on the same street. I
should have walked out and gone to another hotel, but stupidly I stuck it out. I went online to check availability and prices in and near Vernal. Many better options for at least $80.00 less. I worked for an airline for 21 years, I travel 3 to 4 months a year. NEVER have I regretted a stay so much. You usually get what you pay for, not this time.

Drive to Roosevelt, UT, go to the Springhill Suites in Vernal, drive through Flaming Gorge and stay in Evanston, WY. You waste your money if you choose the Holiday Inn in Vernal, UT.

Room Tip: Research online ahead of time, of course.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Travelingon_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernal
SpringHill Suites Vernal
#3 of 17 in Vernal
TownePlace Suites Vernal
BEST WESTERN Dinosaur Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Naples Vernal

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland? Share your experiences!