“Pleasantly surprised !”

Vernal Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Vernal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nestled in downtown Vernal, Utah within the heart of Uintah County is a craft beer brewery and gastropub that is an icon of the area. In addition to brewing and canning quality craft beers to be sold in-house and distributed across Uintah County and the Salt Lake Valley, we host a restaurant/gastropub with dining options ranging from comfort food and appetizers to local favorites. Exceptional food, craft beer and a place to enjoy it with friends and family is something that owner, Ginger Bowden, has always gravitated towards. This love fueled Ginger's passion and desire to create a unique experience for the Uintah Basin. Welcome to the Vernal Brewing Company. We're happy to serve you and strive to give you a great dining experience!
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The manager of our hotel suggested we try the Vernal Brewery. Being someone who enjoys cooking, I tend to be over critical when dining out. I also rarely follow the suggestions of hotel front desk staff on where to eat because most times I have been disappointed. This time I was pleasantly surprised! The food was creative and delicious. My husband ordered. Pot roast and I had the steak salad. Both were excellent! The atmosphere was loud and charged with energy. Staff was friendly and knowledgable. The floor to ceiling glass walls added interesting ambience during the thunder and lightening storm outside.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Having driven through the beautiful flower laden streets of Vernal several times we opted to stop for lunch on our last trip. Our I-phone search directed us to the Vernal Brewing Company and we soon found out that it was a very good choice. The entire motif is upscale, airy, and bright, really a surprise in a town so small. Food presentation was well done and innovative as well as tasty. Prices were reasonable and service was friendly and efficient. Not at all distracting from an great meal was the spelling mistake in the beer menu where they wrote "Weisenbier" instead of the correct "Weizenbier" not knowing that in German "Weizen" means wheat and "Weisen" means orphans. We had a nice chuckle over the Orphan Beer but it tasted quite good regardless. BTW a nice after dinner plus is to visit the Utah Field House of Natural History right across the street from the brewing company.

1  Thank Ammochief
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

A lot of interesting food choices, like chicken and BBQ waffles, a shrimp & grit skillet and gigantic salads all with an interesting mix of ingredients. The sodas and their brewed beer were good as well. Service was friendly, a bit slow at times but adequate. The patio was nice and surprisingly quiet so close to the main road. Some of the items are pricey but there is a selection of all kinds of appetizers, pizzas and other plentiful shareable items. I did however forget my ID and though I am well over 21 I wasn't allowed to order a beer but they served my husband without carding him at all. I found that a little annoying and odd but my fault for leaving my ID at home in CO.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Modern interior, very nice food, especially meet. Moderate prices, nice staff,.. Loved it! It is a walking distance from the Dino museum, so you can have lunch tehre after seeing the wonderfull museum.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I wasn't expecting to eat such interesting food in Vernal. And really good beer was a surprise too. So I loved both of their Amber ales, very smooth and easy to drink (and I'm not really a beer drinker). But the food brought us back two nights in a row. The menu has some really interesting things at a great range of prices so that we just had to come back the next evening and try some more of these interesting dishes.