“Nice atmosphere...but where are the baby changing tables in bathroom”

Vernal Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Vernal
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Nestled in downtown Vernal, Utah within the heart of Uintah County is a craft beer brewery and gastropub that is an icon of the area. In addition to brewing and canning quality craft beers to be sold in-house and distributed across Uintah County and the Salt Lake Valley, we host a restaurant/gastropub with dining options ranging from comfort food and appetizers to local favorites. Exceptional food, craft beer and a place to enjoy it with friends and family is something that owner, Ginger Bowden, has always gravitated towards. This love fueled Ginger's passion and desire to create a unique experience for the Uintah Basin. Welcome to the Vernal Brewing Company. We're happy to serve you and strive to give you a great dining experience!
Park City, Utah
“Nice atmosphere...but where are the baby changing tables in bathroom”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Steamboat Springs from Utah. Took awhile to be seated and our waitress seemed to be covering more tables than she should. The menu was very appealing and was difficult to decide between a few options. But we enjoyed our meals. Our baby was with us and when it came time to change her before we got on the road again, there were no baby changing options in the bathroom, despite it being new and having plenty of room for it. I find it amazing that a restaurant doesn't have this for its guests and I'm getting to the point that the next restaurant I go to and they don't have one, I will just change my baby on the booth seat.

Visited June 2014

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Decided to go back”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Decided to go back and take my hubby this time so he could try it out. I was a little disappointed to see that they had changed the menu because I've been craving the pizza I had last time. We ordered the meat and cheese plate for an appetizer and it was delicious! Something that you don't find on other menu's in Vernal. Almost all of us had a bowl of the tomato basil soup and it was just as good. My hubby and I shared the Cubano sandwich and it was great too. Others had the burger and the mac and cheese which was a much larger portion than we had expected. My hubby tried the peach beer and it was really good! We wish we could buy it here. Our waiter was also super friendly and kept our drinks full and made sure everyone had everything they needed. Everyone left full and happy! We will be here again when we are in town.

Visited May 2014
Henderson, Nevada
“Great Food & Beer. Friendly Staff.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I usually have one of their burgers. I like the one with the bleu cheese crumbs on it. If you don't see it on the menu, ask the server if they can throw some on. Good beers. Be careful of those hi-octane ones they brew. While they're good, you want to be able to walk (not stumble) back to the hotel. Friendly staff.

Visited May 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Surprised the reviews aren't higher”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

After throwing our money away at Quarry Steak House the previous night, we weren't expecting much. We were wrong.

This place has a beautiful vibe: spotless, contemporary, all black and white and angular. Not the kind of place you'd expect in a coal mining town of 10,000. And the food is stellar - original recipes with relatively exotic ingredients. Don't be dissuaded by the bizarre lack of a menu on the website. Also, it was way cheaper than we expected. If there's a better restaurant in town, we couldn't find it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gregmc12
Vernal, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No service, bad beer”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have been here on five separate occasions now, and tonight will be the last. When they first had their soft opening things looked good, high class pub food, and good beer (not their own, but they served it.
I then decided to take my girlfriend, and that was a train wreck, 2 hours to be served by the worst waitress I have ever met, rude and possible crazy, she left a pile of dirty dishes just sitting in front of us 90% or the time we were there.
On the third visit they had finally started brewing, but it was terrible. The beer was served entirely too cold so as to mask the flavor, but the tastes of the beer didn't blend, the porter was like they mixed 4 different beers in a glass and then served it.
A month later my uncle wanted to try it despite my warnings, we ended up leaving a $20 on the table and walking out after an hour and only getting drinks.
Tonight I had heard they made an IPA and it was pretty good, so I took my best growler, a stainless steel bottle with a locking lid (like on a Grolsch bottle) and was going to have them fill it. I walk in and the hostess tells me "state law says we can only fill our bottles." I let her know that isn't true and showed her why my growler was superior to their leaky bottles that will let the beer go flat in less than 2 days. She insisted she couldn't sell me any beer without their crappy growler so I said fine I'll take one. 15 minutes later she let me know they were out, but still wouldn't fill mine.
The sad part is that the Dinosaur Brew Pub is one of my favorite places in town to eat, but owned by the same people who cannot get a brewery right. Having visited at least 100 other breweries, most who had next to no budget but still made it work, I can say this place is all about trying to look nice, and have no concern for their beer, or their service. I recommend you avoid this place and try the Quarry steakhouse down the road

• Visited March 2014