“small but pretty”

Red Fleet State Park
Ranked #9 of 15 things to do in Vernal
More attraction details
Owner description: Huge sandstone rock formations contain actual dinosaur prints.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This little lake is fun for fishing and really neat with its high desert and red rock surroundings. My dad and I go fishing hear every year.

2  Thank dallas2723
There are newer reviews for Red Fleet State Park

Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you take the turn-off to Donkey Flats and follow the road for about 3 miles, you'll find a trail head that leads you to the edge of the lake, where there are four significant sections of dinosaur tracks in place on a rock ledge. You'll want to wear good shoes (no flip-flops), but the reward at the end of this 1.5 mile trail is worth the effort for young and old alike. Best to do this hike when the water level is down (which it promises to be for a long time to come, I'd say), because some of the tracks can be hidden if the water level is too high.

3  Thank tgandg
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great sceneries: much more fantastic than ecpected. We can definitivly recommend the dino-track trail which starts in this park. It is a great moderate hike and the tracks are a nice bonus in the end (though hard to spot, they are worth looking for)

Reviewed July 1, 2012

While on our trip to the Flaming Gorge we ran across the Fleet State Park. There is a 7 dollar entrance fee and we grumbled about that because it was extremely hot that day and we were only site seeing and wasn't going to stay long. It was the best 7 dollars I have ever spent! I was amazed and will never forget this part of our vacation. The blue water was incredible against the huge red rock formations. I believe the elevation is around 5,000 feet. There is fishing, swimming and boating. Lots of pretty super sized rafts a float. If there is one area in Flaming Gorge to see don't miss this one I have never seen anything like it! I have added photos but the photos cannot reveal the beauty of this park. The colors are way off but I will share what I have.

1  Thank LovingUtah
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Great place to have work bbqs, cookouts, picnics, birthday parties, etc.

1  Thank Lyz A

Been to Red Fleet State Park? Share your experiences!