“Good Mexican food”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #11 of 64 Restaurants in Vernal
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Café Rio always deliver good quality food, cooked as you order; restaurant is always nice and clean. This location is a little bit larger than other ones visited before. It is located right in the main street of Vernal

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were unfamiliar with this Mexican chain until we needed to eat in Vernal on a Sunday evening (not too many restaurants are open on Sundays in town). It reminded me of a Mexican Panera. Food is tasty and fresh -- not fantastic, but good for a chain restaurant. My wife's soft steak tacos were a good choice, better than my enchiladas . Interesting, fun beverage selections. Inexpensive, but not for a quick serve restaurant (meals around $9). Cheap but not large kids meals (around $3). I guess you save the tip by not having waitress service. There seem to be several mom-and-pop Mexican joints in town, and I'd probably try one of those the next time I was in town -- as long as it wasn't a Sunday! Otherwise, this place is fine; just don't expect it to be crazy-good despite it's number 1 ranking on trip advisor.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

It is always good, simple Mexican food. We have been to many locations. We have not been disappointed.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went twice during our short stay in Vernal. The food was fresh and tasted good. My son loved it. The portions are huge. The second day for lunch we got one order of the tacos which comes with three and we shared it.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a quick serve restaurant, not a sit down which is what we expected. It was across the parking lot from our hotel, so it was convenient. It was very good; however, it's not something I would drive to eat as it was quick serve.