“Easily the nicest hotel in Vernal”

SpringHill Suites Vernal
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Vernal
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Nice hotel with a really funky decor. I did not expect such weirdly modern decor in Vernal Utah. However, that being said, the rooms have a very nice set-up with lots of outlets and space. Nice chaise sofa. Although I will say the bathroom is a little strange as the sliding frosted glass door lights up the whole room at night if you have to use it and turn on the light. Tough on your sleeping partner. I did notice that the staff was a little indifferent. Every time I went to the front desk, they seem to be on their own phones texting. And the breakfast attendant was not friendly at all. Great location if hiking in Dinosaur National Monument.

Room Tip: They are building a Town Place Suites next door right now. Ask for a room away from the constructio...
Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Vernal

Reviewed July 27, 2012

My friend and I recently stayed in the SpringHill Suites in Vernal while fishing local waters. The hotel is as nice a hotel as I have ever visited. The service was great with a very friendly staff and an exceptional room. The room was very large with twin Queen size beds and a walk-in closet. It was nice to have a shower/bath with a mirror and vanity as well as a lavatory and vanity in a separate room. A full breakfast served daily until 9am with lots of choices from eggs and sausage to bagels and jam and everything in between. Although we didn't use the exercise room or the pool, they were available to all the guests. The hotel was exceptionally clean with staff cleaning all day long. I will look for other Spring Hill by Marriott hotels in the future.

Room Tip: The third floor was exceptionally quiet with no one above us to stomp on our ceiling. The doors wer...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel three times now and I have found the staff to be very friendly and courteous. We had an issue with the A/C not working on this last visit when we checked in. They promptly moved us to another room right across the hall and provided a credit since they didn't have another room of that size available. The manager handled things very professionally.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My family of five plus mother and father in-law stayed at the Springhill Suites while visiting Dinosaur Land. The hotel was new and clean, the rooms were very spacious. The lay-out of the rooms was a bit non-traditional, but it worked out well. The 2 queen bed room that my family stayed in had a bath tub with a shower, my in-law's 1 king bed room had a walk in shower only. The Continental breakfast was really good with fresh fruit and yogurt, fresh scrambled eggs, waffles in addition to the usual fare. The breakfast staff was friendly and worked hard to keep everything stocked and fresh. There was a small snaffu upon check-in. I had made my reservations by calling Mattiott's 1800 #, not the hotel directly. For some reason they had it down that I reserved 2 rooms and my in-laws reserved 2 rooms, a total of 4 instead of 2. It was worked out in just a few minutes, but I think that the guy at the front desk could have been a bit more friendly about it, considering it was in no way our fault. That, and the room stunk of mildew a bit, my husband suggested they had cleaned the carpet earlier that day. I think something in the room was molding, but it didn't even bother me enough to mention it to the staff. All in all it was a nice stay. I have no reservations about staying there again in the future or recommending it to anyone

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was our first time staying in a Marriott hotel and it was a great experience for myself, husband and two kids (ages 9 and 5). We chose this hotel because it was newer and offered larger rooms than most.

ROOM: I loved how bright the room was. There were a lot of lights plus the window. The toilet (and a sink) was in a separate room than the shower/tub (with another sink) and the "doors" had frosted glass to let in more light. The bed was extremely comfortable as were the sheets and comforter. I loved that there was a good-sized closet to keep the suitcases in plus a full-length mirror on the closet door. We used the pull-out sofa as a bed for the boys and they said it was comfortable. Everything in our room worked great, including the wall-mounted air conditioner.

BREAKFAST: They offered waffles, scrambled eggs, ham, a few choices of cereal, apples, bananas, and a variety of muffins and bagels. Both days we went around 9:00 and didn't have a problem finding a seat even though the hotel was pretty crowded with the rodeo in town.

POOL: We used the indoor pool a few times. It was adequate, not hot or cold. It goes from 3' to 5' deep. The hot tub was fine but the bubbles wouldn't turn on. Thin towels are provided and there are a few places to sit and watch.

EXERCISE ROOM: There is an exercise room next to the pool but we didn't use it.

LOCATION: Just outside there is a Subway, Cafe Rio, Little Caesars, KFC, and A&W. We heard a lot of traffic noise, mostly motorcycles, but it might have been due to the rodeo being in town (we were on the side of the street). We brought a white noise maker that blocked out most of it or the noise would have been bothersome.

Overall, it was a really great stay and we will definitely stay here every time we come to Vernal!

Room Tip: Spacious rooms with lots of light.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tamara98_99
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Took the family to Dinosaur National Monument, spent two nights in the SpringHill Suites in Vernal. What a great hotel! The rooms were clean and modern, the staff was friendly, the workout room had weights and cardio machines and the kids enjoyed the pool. In addition the free breakfast in the morning was perfect. Highly recommend this place if you are heading to the area.

Room Tip: Go to Wingers for lunch, it's right down the road and the wings are top notch.
1  Thank mrgills
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Pet-free!! Hotel with a funky design you'd expect to find in a big city, like New York or Berlin, rather than odd little Vernal.

The awesome, clean room/suite (see photos!) made us sad we were only staying for one night. The bed had a memory foam top (like almost every hotel bed seems to have these days), but this one was good. Bonus point for me, the European who can't get used to the thin bedding North Americans have: a nice, warm comforter!

Sadly, the breakfast was a minor catastrophe: there were a lof ot families with lots of children in a much too small eating area. Strange design choice, as there is a large lounge area, with big comfy chairs and foot stools, right next to it, but it's carpeted and not suitable for eating. The scrambled eggs were lukewarm and soggy, the sausage patties almost cold -- we seriously wondered if it was safe to eat any of it. The best parts of breakfast were the coffee and orange juice. The eating area looked like a battlefield, as if nobody had cleaned anything since breakfast had started 3+ hours before. I watched one elderly staff woman vigorously scrubbing something off the lid of the garbage can, with a rag that had seen better days, while spilled food and drinks apparently didn't seem to bother her.

The staff was rather strange in general. When we checked in, the lady at the reception appeared to be a bit spaced out. My partner had booked this room under her name: a king suite, for two people. Suddenly the lady turned to me and asked for my reservation. When I pointed out that we were checking in together, she offered this explanation, "Oh, well, some people are strange about that; they don't want anybody else in their bed, even if it's a king bed."

When my partner called from the room to inquire about charges to 800-numbers (there was no definite information in the room), the same lady was rather unhelpful. She said that she wasn't sure and didn't know which book to look it up in. She never offered to investigate and only agreed to find out when asked repeatedly. She called back a few minutes later and still had no definite answer, just offered her opinion that it shouldn't cost anything. Since the calls were urgent, we simply made them. (There was no charge.)
Later, when I passed the office behind the front desk, 3 women were sitting in there, with several kids each, which made me wonder if they were also running a daycare.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 15 in Vernal
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Naples Vernal

Been to SpringHill Suites Vernal? Share your experiences!