“They will rip you off !”
Review of Sage Motel

Sage Motel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Vernal
Athol
“They will rip you off !”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I initially stayed on the 2nd floor. The rooms are run down and the toilets take two or three times to flush down. The wind turbine on the roof was squeaking horribly all night long. The beds are old and they keep them usable by putting foam cushions on the mattress.

They charge you in advance for your entire hotel stay, which is unconventional. I stayed for 20 days. I left one day early. They refused to refund me my unused day because I didn't give them 24 hours notice. What a way to reward a 20 day stay.

There is a smoke shop in the hotel. The people behind the desk are manning both the smoke shop and the hotel counter. Most of the time you have to wait around in the unmanned lobby until the receptionist gets done with her smoke shop customers.

Very unprofessional, very unpleasant, I will never stay there again. One of my worst hotel experiences ever.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sagemotel, Front Office Manager at Sage Motel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Sage motel has a cancellation / refund policy, and always honor refund for notice given 24 hours. The neccessity to reserve room is also for the convenience of our guests. Sage motel discloses this policy to all guests prior to room booking and upon check in.

The sage motel had charged this particular customers 7 seperate occassions due to his request for extension of stay (which is contrary to his statement). If he had notify us of his cancellation earlier, ie. 24 hours in advance his refund would have been honored.

For the comfort of our guests, most beds are memory foam. There are a few rooms that use memory foam topping, only when existing bed is in good condition.

The toilet flushing issue has been addressed. This customer have visited front desk, who we occassionally asked him, how was his stay? His remark were "everything good" and "be back". This review caught us by surprise. We value all inputs and always strive to do better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ohio
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I drove by this motel on the way into town thinking no way. After checking tripadvisor, which I do in every town before I book a room, I found that prices in town were a little high except for the Sage Motel. After reading the reviews we went back. We were very pleasantly surprised. While the hotel is older the rooms are very nice. The bed is the best one we have slept on so far on this long road trip. The bathroom is very small & doesn't work well for a handicapped person, but we managed that too. There is a very large flat screen in the very clean room. You do hear the traffic, but by 10:00 everything had died down. Save yourself haalf of what the other hotels want and stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mprther35
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here March 19-20 for a job interview with Baker Hughes. The price is great for getting a big screen TV, king size bed, microwave, and fridge. There are Resturaunts, coffe shops, and book stores all around. The manager was extremely helful as well as the front desk clerk. Check out is 1200pm and my Greyhound bus doesn't come untill 540 pm. They let me stay in the front lobby so I didn't have to walk aroud town in the cold with nothing to do or wait at the Bus stop which is outside with nothing around. They are extemely friendly and helpful. I'm not sure why they would get a bad review like the one below. My stay was excellent and I have not one complaint. I would defintely stay here again and would highly recomment anyone to stay here.

Michael Stevens. Bakersfield, Ca.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank miken661
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here and was miserable. I was in town for a funeral and planned to stay 3 nights after 1 night I decided to try and beat the impending storm. I went to the front desk at 7am to let them know. I was told I would still be charged for another night due to the 24 hr cancellation policy. If check out is 11 I believe I was well within the policy limits. So needless to say I feel like I was held hostage to stay again. The storm rolled in and am still checking out and am going down the road to a different hotel to wait out the storm. If you like sleep dont stay here paperthin walls and lots of stomping from workers upstairs. Wont stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank littlesadmky

Travelers are raving about these Vernal hotels

Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed December 14, 2012

For an older room was very comfortable, beds with memory foam, nice bedding, big 52 in flat screen, front desk nite, very nice and helpful. This is occupied with lot of oil/ mine workers, which they were nice. They all get up and go to work early, fine with me. Will stay here again. And price was decent and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank marlene o
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a really nice hotel. Beds are Super cozy. the apartments are affordable and spacious. Plus the have a very modern kitchen. Appliances are new and the oven is awesome. Only place i will stay in vernal....i love anna and Sarah at the front desk. There so nice even when i lock myself out of my room 3 times

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank crissyhagar
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Beside the crappy tube that would not shut off completely and the fact that there so called wi-fi internet real sucks as far as tv nothing good at all but a few channels. The Hispanic front desk clerk is alittle to friendly!! Which is very disgusting!! Saw her outside of the office later in the night with one of the 3 men that were staying in a room near us they obviously working somewhere out in the area since they were in a company vechicle. It was cold outside so they were both almost on top of each other yeah what a way to represent your company. Then the next day when i went to go get breakfast elsewhere because theres sucks i saw her saying her good-byes to this gentlemen outside of the office again!! No wonder all those oil rig workers stay here! Then my roommate asked her if breakfast was not available at 6am when hes on his way to work her response is "ohh i feel asleep" almost stating would you like to awake me. This place should be renamed the skank motel.. We will never stay here again down the road there is other hotels that are way worth your buck!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank yo2000
sagemotel, Owner at Sage Motel, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
bath tube faucet are being inspected and repair. We provide continental breakfast such as: delicious muffin our trade mark you should try, cereal, oat meal, waffle,Fruits,toasts, Oj, milk, coffee,tea. We believe these are good selection for healthy breakfast. Our doors normally open by 6AM for breakfast, if you already by the door and we haven't open, you are welcome to buzz the bell.
In regard to the clerk we reviewing the video starting a week from your comment but not sure what you mean? As an owner, we do supervise our facility and will not tolarate any illegal or bad behavior from the employees nor the guests. We encourage our employees to be always curtious and friendly but not like you describe, but thank you for the comment.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernal
Comfort Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Naples Vernal
BEST WESTERN Antlers
BEST WESTERN Antlers
#6 of 17 in Vernal

Been to Sage Motel? Share your experiences!