“Very Clean and Comfortable... Great staff!”

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Vernal
SLC
“Very Clean and Comfortable... Great staff!”
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Very clean and comfortable, out going friendly staff, great location! Give them a try if your in the area you can't go wrong especially with the amazing price...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank TeriandDave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Michigan
Reviewed August 15, 2009

This motel is under new management. They have spent some time and made repairs. It shouldn't be judged against The Waldorf Astoria. It is nice for it's stated price range. As Econolodge motels go, it is in the top of it's class. The pool and spa were very clean. The room we had was clean. The staff was very nice too. It is in a good area with a gas station convenience store across the street. No problems with this one. Great price for the area also. Free wifi and standard continental breakfast inclued also. Breakfast area was very clean and stocked well.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank dm8711
SLC, Utah
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We were not planning on staying in Vernal, but the meeting we had planned went into the next day. After reading the previous reviews, I was very leery of staying here. We checked in, and got a decent price for the room, especially for Vernal in the summer. The exterior has been redone, the room was clean, including the bathroom. We had a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and a new flat-screen TV. The beds were great, the air conditioner worked wonderfully. New management in the last year, and they have been working on it. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Nice people at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We were looking for an econo place, and the price was not too bad, but if you can afford more, choose some place else. It had all the amenities of a really good hotel, like an ironing board, safe, little bottles of bath items, but the place was not very clean because it is old. The carpets need to be replaced and the power outlet by the sink didn't work. I told the management and it didn't get fixed by the 2nd night. It had a hair dryer, but with no power, it didn't work. The "continental breakfast" was some donuts and coffee & juice served in a room about the size of a closet, with a 2-person sofa for the seating! On the plus side, it did have secure Wifi. When we returned to Vernal, we chose a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Vernal hotels

Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I paid $80 for a room that I knew shouldn't cost more than $35 in any other market; then found that the room was still somewhat unclean (carpet/towels/sheets were dingy), the door wouldn't lock (no latch, and deadbolt didn't work), there was toilet paper/tissue stuffed in the door's peep hole, the faucet drips constantly, and the wallpaper in the bathroom is peeling off the wall.

As if it wasn't already an awful experience, the manager/owner decided to make it worse by barging in on me and telling me (wrongfully) that it was time to check out. This was extremely unnerving, and confirmed my feeling that the property was unsafe and uncomfortable. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!

• Liked — Location was convenient.
  • Disliked — The manager barged into my room!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cassiel_az
colorado
Reviewed January 16, 2009

I went for the weekend to visit my husband and booked online, when I got there I was very hessitant to stay but really had no choose I was tired from the drive. I told the guy up front if I could cancel my 2nd day and he ignored me and took my card and charged me for 2 nights anyways. I just decided I'll just stay cuz he didn't even speak english and what a hassle. When I first went into room it smelled so bad my eyes were burning. It smelled like a 20 year old ash tray and I even smoke myself. It was so bad I went to walmart to by air freshner. There was hair in the bathroom and only 1 single towel for use. I checked the sheets and they seemed ok but the bedding smelt horrible. The microwave smelt like dirty socks I couldn't even use for heating water... When I was getting ready to leave a cockroach type bug came crawling across the bed. This just made me sick. This place is a dump and I will not ever stay there again but the sad thing is I think all the motels in this area probley are the same. I will find out next week as I am picking another place to stay....

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Lyon, France
Reviewed September 7, 2007

At the first sight we thought that it'd be a terrible hotel.
Nevertheless the staff was friendly, the room was clean and quite big.
Moreover it offers a small free breakfast so we'd definitely stay there again if we'd like to go back to Vernal, which is a cute small town.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank buzzconseil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernal
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 17 in Vernal
Ledgestone Hotel Vernal
SpringHill Suites Vernal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vernal-Dinosaurland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Naples Vernal
TownePlace Suites Vernal

Been to Econo Lodge Downtown? Share your experiences!