“no place else”

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Vernal
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed the night in Vernal to visit a grandson----room was large, kitchenette, bath okay. Place has a "in renovation" feel---but ended up being quiet. Again--we are not impressed with "Choice Hotels". Laundry room w adequate---not great. Breakfast was terrible----all low quality carbs--no protein, set up "Cheesey".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Downtown

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nothing special about this place to write about. It was average. Rooms were clean and wifi worked well. Stayed on 1st floor and did hear some noise above. Can park in front of room. Waffles were good.

Room Tip: don't stay close to highway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was pleasently suprised by the accomodations at this property, rooms are large and clean they have more than adequate parking. ( we brought a large vehicle with us). The front desk person (Sam) was informative, and professional and went out of his way to make us feel comfortable.Overall a great place to stay!

Room Tip: ry to get a room on the first floor, there aren't any elevators
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised to find a microwave, refrig, and even a lock safe in our room (with no extra fee associated for the safe). It also had a coffee maker, which I used.

The room was clean. We traveled with two small pets and the pet fee was reasonable. Hotel is about a block from the Utah State Field House Museum. Easy to find location. Staff was helpful for small issues.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Vernal is an oil town not a tourist town anymore. All the hotels are overpriced and it's no cure for depression. I stayed at the Econolodge twice because of the sticker shock from the local hotels. I come to Vernal every three months I gave this place two try's (why not) as a business traveler the Wifi is my life line and it was out both times. I am not dumping on this place to dump its a town-wide problem. Sometimes you just have to pay the 150.00 a night at the major chains in town. I hope this place gets better I hope they will try harder in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Jlawclark
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Near Dinosaur National Monument & a great price since most rooms were over $100. Part of Choice Hotel chain & I signed up for their reward program. Whenever I need reservations, I call the Choice number 1 (800) 424-6423 & get a better price than many sites list. Remember to ask for the AAA or AARP discounts.
The room was tastefully done & had a nice-sized desk w/ comfortable office-style desk chair, a couch, refrigerator, microwave,flat-screen TV, microwave, coffee maker, iron w/ board, hairdryer, big closet, chest, & even a safe to keep your valuables. Our king bed was comfy & had 4 pillows. Wonderful info in the lobby-included 11 brochures for day trips in the area in addition to a local info brochure called Bones. We did not hear a sound from any other rooms would stay here again plus tell my friends about it.

• Stayed: June 2013
shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We really appreciate you for taking your precious time to give such nice compliment. And its my pleasure that you have enjoyed your stay here.Thank you again for sign up the choice privileges membership and also share that we honour AAA & AARP dicount.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

You have to be joking... There are 4 and 5 star ratings for this hotel?? Seriously! This place is a dump and run by some some pretty suspect people. The Nonsmoking room smelt like an ashtray, the room felt so dirty I slept with my clothes on and I didn't dare walk around without socks on. No kidding, it was that bad. It wasn't just my room, it was all of them. We rented three rooms for one night and all three were the same. Don't be deceived by some of these positive reviews, they were obviously written by the owners or people trying to mislead you. Stay away at all costs..

Room Tip: None of them from what I could see. The entire place seams to be a dump.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PuraVidaCalifornia
shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We are extremely sorry for inconvenient but first i would say all the reviews are grnuine we are not trying to decieve. The thig is, at the summer time we are busy and when anybody make resevation through third party they just book the room without confirm smoking or non-smoking.But when they check in ask for non-smonking and we are not able to change it because we are sold out for that day so guest have to stay in smoking room so ofcourse smoking room smells like smoking.We always ask about guest's comment or compliment upon check out time and we have not heard anything about this issue last month.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernal
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 15 in Vernal
Split Mountain Motel
Split Mountain Motel
#12 of 15 in Vernal

Been to Econo Lodge Downtown? Share your experiences!