Econo Lodge Downtown
Sage Motel(Vernal)
Antlers Inn(Vernal)
Motel 6(Vernal)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesironing boardflat screen tvexcellent amenitiesheritage museumstay there againnothing fancyroadside motelfree wifiking roomstaff was very friendlyshopping and restaurantsgreat pricelow pricestayed two nightsflaming gorge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised to find a microwave, refrig, and even a lock safe in our room (with no extra fee associated for the safe). It also had a coffee maker, which I used.

The room was clean. We traveled with two small pets and the pet fee was reasonable. Hotel is about a block from the Utah State Field House Museum. Easy to find location. Staff was helpful for small issues.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Vernal is an oil town not a tourist town anymore. All the hotels are overpriced and it's no cure for depression. I stayed at the Econolodge twice because of the sticker shock from the local hotels. I come to Vernal every three months I gave this place two try's (why not) as a business traveler the Wifi is my life line and it was out both times. I am not dumping on this place to dump its a town-wide problem. Sometimes you just have to pay the 150.00 a night at the major chains in town. I hope this place gets better I hope they will try harder in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Jlawclark
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Near Dinosaur National Monument & a great price since most rooms were over $100. Part of Choice Hotel chain & I signed up for their reward program. Whenever I need reservations, I call the Choice number 1 (800) 424-6423 & get a better price than many sites list. Remember to ask for the AAA or AARP discounts.
The room was tastefully done & had a nice-sized desk w/ comfortable office-style desk chair, a couch, refrigerator, microwave,flat-screen TV, microwave, coffee maker, iron w/ board, hairdryer, big closet, chest, & even a safe to keep your valuables. Our king bed was comfy & had 4 pillows. Wonderful info in the lobby-included 11 brochures for day trips in the area in addition to a local info brochure called Bones. We did not hear a sound from any other rooms would stay here again plus tell my friends about it.

• Stayed: June 2013
shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We really appreciate you for taking your precious time to give such nice compliment. And its my pleasure that you have enjoyed your stay here.Thank you again for sign up the choice privileges membership and also share that we honour AAA & AARP dicount.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

You have to be joking... There are 4 and 5 star ratings for this hotel?? Seriously! This place is a dump and run by some some pretty suspect people. The Nonsmoking room smelt like an ashtray, the room felt so dirty I slept with my clothes on and I didn't dare walk around without socks on. No kidding, it was that bad. It wasn't just my room, it was all of them. We rented three rooms for one night and all three were the same. Don't be deceived by some of these positive reviews, they were obviously written by the owners or people trying to mislead you. Stay away at all costs..

Room Tip: None of them from what I could see. The entire place seams to be a dump.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PuraVidaCalifornia
shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We are extremely sorry for inconvenient but first i would say all the reviews are grnuine we are not trying to decieve. The thig is, at the summer time we are busy and when anybody make resevation through third party they just book the room without confirm smoking or non-smoking.But when they check in ask for non-smonking and we are not able to change it because we are sold out for that day so guest have to stay in smoking room so ofcourse smoking room smells like smoking.We always ask about guest's comment or compliment upon check out time and we have not heard anything about this issue last month.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel seemed a little over priced though it seemed to be about the norm for hotels in Vernal.

The clerk at check in was very friendly. I later asked her some tips about traveling a couple of different ways and she gave a lot of good info for doing it either way. I took her recommendation for the way I should go and didn't regret it.

I was kind of thrown when I walked into the room. Straight ahead of me was a full size refrigerator. While I have seen one in a Residence Inn I had never seen one in a lower priced hotel before.

The room was clean, but seemed kind of odds decor-wise. Nice comforters on the beds, but they seemed higher scale then the rest of the room. Still it was inviting to sleep in. The beds were very comfortable.

There was a small stove top in the room and it had pans underneath. I didn't look at the pans, but the counter-top was sink area were nice.

When I first went into the bathroom I thought, "ew". The shower is just not invited. It looked kind of grungy. I found that it was actually clean so I figured it might just be older, but I discovered some of the same material they had in the shower somewhere else and I think it is actually new and recently put up. The bathtub was also very squeaky once you stepped into it. I rose early and it was loud enough I was a little worried about moving around for fear I would wake someone.

The laundry seemed half storage of office chairs, carpeting, counter-top and shower wall materials and half laundry. Nothing special here.

There is a computer you can use for limited internet time if you need to search for maps, restaurant reviews etc.

If you don't really care about things being really nice, but just want a place to stay this is a good place.

Room Tip: The machines in the laundry worked well, but the washer sounded like a jet engine taking off when it was spinning. I would suggest staying away from the room next to it (I think 241) if you want any sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you so much for taking a picture of the room and display here and for your cooment. We are sorry about guest laundry but we had done renovation because of that we had put some stuff there but we have already removed it. And its my pleasure to hear ir that front desk staff is friendly and the houskeeper had done good job. we will try our best to make your next stay more comfortable and pleasant.