“Good value...nice room...poorer reviews must be old” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Downtown

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Vernal
“Good value...nice room...poorer reviews must be old”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Near Dinosaur National Monument & a great price since most rooms were over $100. Part of Choice Hotel chain & I signed up for their reward program. Whenever I need reservations, I call the Choice number 1 (800) 424-6423 & get a better price than many sites list. Remember to ask for the AAA or AARP discounts.
The room was tastefully done & had a nice-sized desk w/ comfortable office-style desk chair, a couch, refrigerator, microwave,flat-screen TV, microwave, coffee maker, iron w/ board, hairdryer, big closet, chest, & even a safe to keep your valuables. Our king bed was comfy & had 4 pillows. Wonderful info in the lobby-included 11 brochures for day trips in the area in addition to a local info brochure called Bones. We did not hear a sound from any other rooms would stay here again plus tell my friends about it.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We really appreciate you for taking your precious time to give such nice compliment. And its my pleasure that you have enjoyed your stay here.Thank you again for sign up the choice privileges membership and also share that we honour AAA & AARP dicount.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

You have to be joking... There are 4 and 5 star ratings for this hotel?? Seriously! This place is a dump and run by some some pretty suspect people. The Nonsmoking room smelt like an ashtray, the room felt so dirty I slept with my clothes on and I didn't dare walk around without socks on. No kidding, it was that bad. It wasn't just my room, it was all of them. We rented three rooms for one night and all three were the same. Don't be deceived by some of these positive reviews, they were obviously written by the owners or people trying to mislead you. Stay away at all costs..

Room Tip: None of them from what I could see. The entire place seams to be a dump.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PuraVidaCalifornia
shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We are extremely sorry for inconvenient but first i would say all the reviews are grnuine we are not trying to decieve. The thig is, at the summer time we are busy and when anybody make resevation through third party they just book the room without confirm smoking or non-smoking.But when they check in ask for non-smonking and we are not able to change it because we are sold out for that day so guest have to stay in smoking room so ofcourse smoking room smells like smoking.We always ask about guest's comment or compliment upon check out time and we have not heard anything about this issue last month.

Travelers are raving about these Vernal hotels

Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel seemed a little over priced though it seemed to be about the norm for hotels in Vernal.

The clerk at check in was very friendly. I later asked her some tips about traveling a couple of different ways and she gave a lot of good info for doing it either way. I took her recommendation for the way I should go and didn't regret it.

I was kind of thrown when I walked into the room. Straight ahead of me was a full size refrigerator. While I have seen one in a Residence Inn I had never seen one in a lower priced hotel before.

The room was clean, but seemed kind of odds decor-wise. Nice comforters on the beds, but they seemed higher scale then the rest of the room. Still it was inviting to sleep in. The beds were very comfortable.

There was a small stove top in the room and it had pans underneath. I didn't look at the pans, but the counter-top was sink area were nice.

When I first went into the bathroom I thought, "ew". The shower is just not invited. It looked kind of grungy. I found that it was actually clean so I figured it might just be older, but I discovered some of the same material they had in the shower somewhere else and I think it is actually new and recently put up. The bathtub was also very squeaky once you stepped into it. I rose early and it was loud enough I was a little worried about moving around for fear I would wake someone.

The laundry seemed half storage of office chairs, carpeting, counter-top and shower wall materials and half laundry. Nothing special here.

There is a computer you can use for limited internet time if you need to search for maps, restaurant reviews etc.

If you don't really care about things being really nice, but just want a place to stay this is a good place.

Room Tip: The machines in the laundry worked well, but the washer sounded like a jet engine taking off when it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking a picture of the room and display here and for your cooment. We are sorry about guest laundry but we had done renovation because of that we had put some stuff there but we have already removed it. And its my pleasure to hear ir that front desk staff is friendly and the houskeeper had done good job. we will try our best to make your next stay more comfortable and pleasant.
Springville, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

bad service. A/C wouldn't turn on. Contacted front desk several times. They didn't seem to care. got bed bug bites. Called manager in morning. Said sorry a lot. Only thing he said he could do was discount next stay. will never stay again due to bed bug bites. worst service and stay in awhile. Use location for my business. Never again..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sandy, Utah USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We found the rooms to be very clean and beds comfortable. Nice range top, small fridge, pans, dishes, utensils for cooking in if desired. Nothing fancy, just a nice clean room with no musty or smoke smell. My parents owned the motel a few years ago when it was called the TiKI. The owner now offered us a nice discount next time we stayed here. Vernal's tradition of beautiful flower pots up and down Main Street are continued here along side the parking lot making the stay more inviting. Prices are very reasonable. Simple continental breakfast. We enjoyed the recliner and flat screen TV. The walk to the Dinosaur Museum is a short one.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the office and toward the rear to be further from traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, June 30, 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

They got new mattresses for the rooms and they are amazing! Clean rooms - nice stay. We requested a room away from the street and we got one. Room had refrigerator, stove top and coffee maker in. The rooms were very clean and the people working there very friendly.

Room Tip: We asked for what we want and got it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a great experience at the Econo Lodge. The rooms were clean and newly remodeled. The staff was very friendly and they really went out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful experience there. The beds were comfy with decent linens, flat screen TV, and the large reclining chair was a big hit with my husband.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joleen W
shyam c, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank You so much for taking your time to leave us a wonderful review. Its our pleaseure to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for giving us a chance to serve and hope you will be back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernal
Comfort Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Naples Vernal
Days Inn Vernal
Days Inn Vernal
#6 of 17 in Vernal

Been to Econo Lodge Downtown? Share your experiences!