“Disappointed”

Stone Hearth Grille
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Tropic
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our restaurant is open for the 2017 season. We are a casual fine dining restaurant that has views few others in Utah can match, with an atmosphere as friendly as our dress code. We serve all natural, fresh, hormone free entrees and everything is made from scratch. Our quality of food and knowledgeable wait staff makes the Stone Hearth Grille a popular destination in Southern Utah. Relax and unwind after a day in the canyon with fine wine and memorable food.
Syracuse, New York
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a stunning view but it was hot whether we opted to eat inside or out because the doors were open. My salad was nothing special and the French onion soup (highly recommended) was disappointing. It was probably not the best pick on a hot night but it was one of the few things that appealed. My husband's NY strip steak was no more special that what we'd have at home.

So, I wasn't feeling well when we dined here and I'm sure that's got a lot to do with my review but, really, if you tell the hostess that and then ask the location of the restroom, it's really not too cool to say that it's being serviced and to come back in 20 minutes. Really? You're cleaning the bathroom in the middle of dinner hour? We left quickly after that.

1 Thank Linda T

Hoboken, New Jersey
“Outstanding meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our meal was very good at the Grille. Service was very friendly and accommodating and the surroundings were fabulous. I had a chicken dish and my husband had the fish, both were served hot and cooked near perfectly. I did order dessert, which was out of this world, a coconut cake I will definitely be searching for again in our travels. Would definitely return if we are in the area again. A bit off the beaten path, but that is what made it even better!

columbia,sc
“great dining experience after a great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Having spent the morning & early afternoon peering into the Grand Canyon at the north Rim we drove to Bryce Canyon looking for a place to kick back & enjoy a good meal. We found that place at the Stone Hearth Grille. Our waiter was attentive,
knowledgeable and unhurried.
The three of us not only enjoyed our meals, but loved the back-drop of a mountain range behind us at sunset. Eating here was one of the pleasant surprises on our trek from Las Vegas to Big Sky.

Mesa, Arizona
“Best place to eat in Tropic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Ambitious menu, for the most part they seemed to deliver. The waitress said that the salmon was flown in that day so I went with that option. My companion's chicken was good and the coconut-pineapple cake for dessert was excellent. It was nice to see the chef circulate and check on the diners, that is always a good sign. The view up to Powell Point is incredible from the outside patio. Prices are might high, but I location is amazing and carries a price.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Average steaks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I'm in two minds about this place. The fillet steak was huge and relatively tasty, but over salted and very expensive. The texture and colour of the meat was bizarre, brown through-out although raw in the centre.

The restaurant does have amazing views, the staff were on the whole good, but overly pushy in recommending chefs steaks.

Visited June 2014