“Excellent dining”

Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Tropic
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant is open for the 2017 season. We are a casual fine dining restaurant that has views few others in Utah can match, with an atmosphere as friendly as our dress code. We serve all natural, fresh, hormone free entrees and everything is made from scratch. Our quality of food and knowledgeable wait staff makes the Stone Hearth Grille a popular destination in Southern Utah. Relax and unwind after a day in the canyon with fine wine and memorable food.
“Excellent dining”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My niece and I dined here after an ATV ride at the suggestion of our guide Justin. What fabulous luck for us. It was our final night in Tropic after a four-day stay and a fitting end to a lovely vacation. We splurged and ordered the tiger prawn appetizer, plus the chicken pasta entree and a huge steak and took turns tasting each others' dishes. Then we took home a slice of the famous coconut cake. Everything was completely delicious and satisfying. The chef had obviously taken great care to make sure everything would bring compliments from his diners. We couldn't have been happier with our meal.
If we'd discovered the restaurant sooner in our trip, we'd definitely have returned!

1 Thank Anne R

• Korean first
Julian, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional dining experience!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here while visiting Bryce Canyon and the surrounding area. A bit off the beaten path but definitely worth the four extra minutes to drive there. The food will dazzle your palate! Flavors were flawlessly balanced. The vegetables, pasta, and steak we had were cooked to perfection. Would recommend to anyone traveling in the area.

1 Thank kmsnectar
Winchester, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wicked Awesome”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I knew it was going to be a great meal when the first car in the parking lot was from Massachusetts. The service was exceptional and the meal matched. Extremely friendly staff, the chef came to our table and asked our opinion, both good and bad. Small but beautiful, the view looks out over Bryce Canyon Valley I had the prawns which were perfect in every way. Wine was very reasonably priced. Heartily recommend the Stone Hearth Grille if you're in the neighborhood of Bryce Canyon National Park!

1 Thank pmac46
pdx
“Top quality restaurant”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Delightful meal in a quiet setting. Not the usual western faire you find in many of the roadside restaurants but high quality ingredients well prepared and tastefully arranged. My wife had the Pasta Alfredo and I had the Tiger Shrimp. We loved both dishes. Steaks are a specialty which come from a local source and watching the served made me wish I had ordered one. Vegan options were also in the menu. This place is a 2 miles off the main road in Tropic but well worth the trip. It is a great addition to the culinary scene in the area that I hope is successful. Not to be missed if staying near Bryce Canyon.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank peachiepooh
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location and Food”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this place by our B&B host on our first night and we ended up eating there both nights we stayed in Tropic. We perused most of the local menus and this was far out the closest to our taste. Its a little off the beaten track but we had a warm welcome in appealing surroundings. We can recommend the New York Steak, Fillet Steak, Pork Cutlet and Beef Salad - all were extremely well cooked and presented perfectly. I cant say anything about the desserts as we were too full from the mains but they certainly looked delicious as they were delivered to other tables.
The wine and beer list is not huge but there is a good choice and the selection we had was excellent. Sure the service was still in early days but this did not detract in any way from an overall enjoyable couple of meals.
If we were staying longer I am sure we would be back!

Visited May 2014