“Great find near Bryce Canyon - warm and welcoming”
Review of Bullberry Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tropic
Bullberry Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 6 Tropic B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We turned up on an absolutely freezing November day and were delighted by the warm welcome at Bulberry Inn. It's a large modern house on the outskirts of Tropic. Our rooms has two comfortable queen beds, tv, free wifi and a good sized bathroom. Breakfast was traditional southwestern, served with a large pot of homemade bulberry jam, made from an old family recipe. Breakfast was good, but the bacon seemed to be served very dry and crispy. Hosts, Wally and Nettie, were friendly, hospitable and helpful. Our last morning they gave us delicious homemade pumpkin cookies and pots of bulberry jam to take with us. Definitely a great option in Tropic, where the alternative seems to be lots of fairly boring pine cabin parks.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2009

If you don't mind homestyle, this Inn is a good choice. We stayed at one of the rooms that is accessed through the family's living area. Other rooms have outside entrances. We could hear goings on from in our room more than I prefer. There is a little too much gap under the door for one thing. In addition to a little noise, there was a strong smell of cooking bacon in the morning. Otherwise the room was very clean and spacious with a good bed and table and chairs. The large grounds are also well-kept. Our room had a great view up to the Bryce cliffs. Be aware that this lodging is about a 10-mile steep drive up to the viewpoints within the national park. The little town of Tropic is scenic, but other lodgings are closer to the park. I liked Nettie and Wally, the innkeepers. They are very genuine small town folks who are willing to fit your schedule and tastes. For example, the default breakfast is a big bacon, eggs, and pancakes meal with their signature Bullberry jelly (a historically significant Butch Cassidy local favorite that is interesting but not all that flavorful). But if you prefer something else, Nettie will try and match your tastes. Oh, and your payment must be by cash or check, and they don't send you a confirmation letter or email--another homestyle touch.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed in the B&B for 2 nights to visit the Bryce and Red Canyon and were absolutely happy with our choice. The rooms are clean and have everything needed to feel comfortable. On top of that many of them have nice views to the mountains. When we arrived we got a very warm welcome. We could choose between different rooms and even got an awesome breakfast with delicious pancakes, the famous jam, eggs & bacon and coffee... The hosts are really lovely and have a lot of tipps and recommendations regarding all activities which are possible in this area. Choose this place when your are looking for a individual, warm, peaceful and cosy atmosphere. By the way, it is a very nice hike starting directly in Tropic (just follow Bryce way until the end) which gets you to Sunset/Sunrise Point after app 4 km.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2009

I can't say enough good about this place! The room's are amazing! The food is out of this world! The town is gorgeous! But the absolute best part is the owners. Wally and Nettie are the most incredible people! They really take the time to get to know you and they do whatever it takes to make you feel right at home. The Breakfast they make is delicious and there is nothing else like the scrumptious Bullberry jelly! If you are planning a trip to Bryce Canyon you should really travel the few extra miles and stay in Tropic, Utah. The town is a must see and the Bullberry Inn is the 1 and only place to stay when you are here. Don't miss out it's the best I promise!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2009

This was our first B&B experience and it was all good thanks to the hospitality and friendliness of owners Nettie and Wally. The property is spacious, immaculate and quite lovely. We enjoyed having a private bathroom, a good wireless connection, a great country breakfast, the cozy restaurant atmosphere of the dining area, a pleasant chat with the owners at breakfast time, and the proximity to attractions.
Since we arrived rather tired in mid-afternoon but looking for a short outing, Wally recommended the nearby Mossy Cave. It was a perfect way to end the day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I usually travel in chain hotels/motels and it was my first time ever in a B&B, so I can't compare much. What I can say is that I highly enjoyed my stay with Nettie and her husband, both were rather friendly and always very helpful. Their house is very nice and quiet, located exactly 15 minutes away by car from the entrance of Bryce Canyon NP. I paid $96 per night (tax included) for a 2-queen bedroom, which I deem overpriced for a comfortable - yet very simple - room, but given lodging rates in the area, I guess this is not too bad after all.

Rooms are very comfortable and clean. A bit too hot in the late afternoon but temperature drops down very quickly after sunset. Free wireless high speed internet as well. Toiletries items were so basic, tiny soaps and shampoo made in India. The house itself is well-organized and neatly decorated.

Breakfast was terrific and plentiful, they cook anything you want and deliver it to you promptly in their very nice breakfast room, decorated with Coca-Cola style memorabilia.

I set up booking via email with Nettie about a month ahead, no downpayment required, I just paid in cash upon arrival. That was convenient and based on mutual trust. Nettie was always very, very prompt to reply to emails.

Should I return to Bryce, I would certainly consider returning to the Bullberry Inn, although I would check rates in other area motels. However, staying in a B&B differs so much from sleeping in a impersonal chain hotel, and I will most likely look forward to B&B experience on my upcoming trips.

As for local restaurants:
- in Tropic, I do not recommend "Pizza Place". Clarke's is much nicer.
- in Bryce Canyon Village, had a quick lunch at the Ruby's Inn. Cheap, fast service, good value. Perfect for lunch break after a busy hiking morning.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Call this B&B before getting in Tropic. Not only it's close to Bryce canyon, but it's also quiet and peaceful, far from the rest of the crowd. They have a wonderful property, and you'll get a sweet breakfast! ;-)
I had a great time there, I wish I had stayed many more nights.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tropic
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Red Ledges Inn
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic
Bryce Canyon Livery Bed and Breakfast

Been to Bullberry Inn B&B? Share your experiences!