“You are a welcome guest”
Review of Bullberry Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tropic
Bullberry Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 6 Tropic B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Larry and Teresa have only taken over this lovely five unit B & B this season. They start by welcoming us into their home and continued throughout our short stay to act as respectful old friends. Despite being busy with other guests and preparing a true home cooked breakfast, each of them had time to chat but never to the point of intrusiveness. The room was comfortable and had a dynamite view. The Bullberry Inn is just far enough outside of town to feel like it's out in the country.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Located in the town of Tropic on the east side of Bryce Canyon National Park, we found this little gem by chance while driving late in the day into Tropic from Capital Reef NP. Hosts Theresa and Larry, new owners, were most gracious and attentive to our needs. The rooms were somewhat small but VERY clean and modern. Their pricing was excellent and very affordable. Our favorite past time was sitting out on the covered veranda outside our room, just watching the surrounding scenery and incredible weather changes. In the morning, Larry was there bright eyed and ready with fresh brewed coffee. As for breakfast, we are light eaters and wanted a very early start, so we did not have time to partake! :-(
As well seasoned B&B traveler's this little slice of paradise will definitely be on our list of "return to" comfort spots! The owners may be fairly new( purchased in 2013!) but we found them already well seasoned into the running of a great B&B! You don't want to miss this one!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the ground level rooms with the veranda on separate side wing of the residence.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We enjoyed every bit of our stay in Bullberry inn. We arived quite early but it was no problem to check in already. Nettie showed us some rooms, so that we could choose the one that we liked. We only stayed 1 night, but it was perfect. Enough space, clean room and bathroom and good bed. The next morning we enjoyed a great breakfast.

Bulberry inn is a great place to stay during your visit to bryce!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We found the Bullberry Inn by accident on our way to Bryce Canyon and we were more than happy, that we did so. Teresa and Larry are great people and it felt like coming home from the minute we checked in.
Unfortunatelly, we only stayed one night, as we were on a road trip, but we will definatelly come back and stay longer then!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stopped in at the Bullberry Inn last minute in the middle of my road-trip from Florida and was more than pleasantly surprised by their hospitality and kindness. I was on my way to Bryce Canyon after driving from Arches earlier that morning. The B&B hosts were so helpful and way cheaper than I imagined. I told them that I was so thankful they were open because I wasn't familiar with the area and the town before them didn't have any more vacancies. I only paid for the room (being cheap I went without the breakfast) and about an hour later the hosts invited me outside to look at planet on their telescope and offered me a free breakfast in the morning. I have already told me friends that they need to stop here if they are ever in Utah and I would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'd booked through the old owners a few months back and was surprised to see that there were new people running it (Teresa and Larry) when we arrived. We stayed 16-17 of June and they had only been there since the 1st of June! Considering they were first time B&B owners they were doing pretty well with what they had.

Welcome was lovely and friendly. The offer to dry our washing from the local laundromat using their washing line in the warm (!) Tropic sun was gratefully taken up. The breakfasts were substantial, nutritious and was served whenever we were ready. Complimentary home-made fudge brownies for our journey after we left were greatly appreciated (VERY yum, and warmed in the sun). Bella the dog will give you lovely cuddles and look at your with adorable dark brown eyes (for those who don't like dogs - don't worry, Teresa and Larry have thought of this and do keep Bella out of the public areas, especially at breakfast time). Nice views and nice rural setting.

We were in the 'least-liked' room I think, judging by Larry's comments and some of the reviews here. The wifi didn't work reliably (had to be in one corner of the room and it was patchy) - we offered solutions that might help and they were gratefully noted. The walls were very thin - I was very glad our neighbours were sensible and thoughtful and weren't too noisy because it was bad enough with just normal movements and bathroom antics. The room was too hot for us so we had to put on the air conditioner which was old and noisy. The bathroom lotions etc. leave a bit to be desired. Bring earplugs if noise bothers you, and ask for a second pillow as there is only one each in the room. The bed is soft and the pillows help to prevent rolling toward each other. There was a facecloth left in the room by the last guests that had been missed in cleaning (for some weird reason they had put it on a high shelf).

Having said all that, you might be wondering why I've given only a four-rating. My memory of the Inn is a happy one, despite the above negative comments. The new hosts are aware that there are things about the Inn which they have not yet 'made their own'. They seemed open to improvement suggestions and had their guests' interests at heart. I think I would stay again, though we will unfortunately probably never get to go back. Too many other travel ideas on the bucket list! Thank you Larry, Teresa and Bella.

PS. Best to go out of Tropic for dinner options.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in early June, and were amazed to find out that this was Teresa and Larry's first week as hosts of the Bullberry Inn. At no time did we notice they were new to this business, they were the perfect hosts and we had some nice talks with them. They are the most friendly and accomodating hosts you could wish for.

Our room in the annex was nice and spacious. and although a bit noisy as night as the walls seem to be quite thin, we slept well.

Breakfast time was flexible and since we wanted to start early with a hike, Teresa offered us breakfast at 7am so we could hit the national park early. Great cooking! Teresa also made cookies and brought some to our room, but they are also available in the kitchen in the main house.

There is a large fridge and freezer on the porch around the house which guests can use to store food. We were also able to use the microwave in the main house to heat up some pizza for lunch.

The grounds around the house are beautiful and spacious, and offer a great view of some of the National Park (I think you can see Bryce Point and the Sinking Ship).

Tropic is a great place to stay when visiting Bryce Canyon, as it is only a few miles away from the park entrance but seems to offer much nicer accomodation than the fake western style Ruby Inn and Bryce Canyon Village.

Thanks Teresa and Larry for a great stay - wishing you lots of success with the Bullberry Inn!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tropic
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Bryce Pioneer Village
Bryce Canyon Inn
Bryce Canyon Inn
#2 of 6 in Tropic

Been to Bullberry Inn B&B? Share your experiences!