“An Oasis in the Desert”
Review of Bullberry Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tropic
Bullberry Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 6 Tropic B&B and Inns
Arkansas
“An Oasis in the Desert”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Teresa and Larry are the new owners of this Inn in Tropic, Utah. We were made to feel
welcome as soon as we arrived. If you are a pet lover, Bella, their dog, will love to let you
hug her. If you are not crazy about pets, you will not know she is there. We had been on the
road for almost a week visiting Utah's national parks and found that we could arrive in Tropic
a day early. I made a call and was fortunate that Teresa was able to add a day to our
reservation. Our second day there, I spent time visiting with Teresa on the front porch of
our room in the side annex to the main home. That night, after dinner in town, my husband
and I spent a wonderful evening with Teresa and Larry (and Bella) on the front porch of the
main Inn (and their home) watching the world go by and enjoying the vista of the mountains.
The new-found friendship made it sad to leave and I have never felt this way before at any
bed and breakfast we have stayed at. The breakfasts are very good. Larry loves to cook and
Teresa loves to bake so there is a variety each morning. We had waffles with fresh strawberries
and whipped cream one morning and Larry offered to cook eggs which we had as well. The
next day we had eggs cooked to order and sausage and toast. There is a refrigerator at the
end of their wrap around front porch for guests to store perishables and drinks. Our room was
clean and had a view of the mountains. There was no highway noise, even with the window
opened. Why would you want to stay in a hotel at the honkytonk entrance to Bryce Canyon
when you can stay with friends 5 miles away in the peaceful valley?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank gerryrtodd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at the Bullberry Inn 3 nights last week. Our room was cute, clean and comfy. Larry and Teresa, the new owners, are wonderful. It was like staying with great friends. We had a different amazing breakfast each day. I would go back for Teresa's banana nut muffins and chocolate covered strawberries anytime. The Inn is just minutes from Bryce Canyon, Kodachrome and the slot canyon on Willis Creek. The Bullberry is a nice quiet place to come home to after a day of touring and hiking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DMOregon
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the bullberry inn and it was incredible! Larry and Teresa were so nice that we felt like family when we left. The view of the Bryce mountains is unbelievable and the breakfast was amazing. My family and I can't wait to plan another trip to the Bullberry Inn. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013
Switzerland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a very nice place and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind driving about 11 miles from Bryce. The accommodation is reasonably priced and features everything you may need. I stayed in a room in the annex of the house and it appeared brand new (or recently renovated). Overall the whole place looks very well maintained. As the BnB is away from the street, the noise level is minimal at night (anyways very little traffic). Nettie is very nice and happy to assist with anything you may need. Also, I personally loved their breakfast especially because it was the only place on my trip that had guests in mind who wanted to see sunrises. This means it was available from 6:30 to 9 a.m. Easy for anyone to see the sunrise and get back for breakfast. The town of tropic was surprisingly beautiful maintained where one finds a grocery store, gas station and some restaurants.

For me the only negative items were the bed and lack of fridge. Yes, a fridge was available in the main house but would have meant I had to go in and out in their home to access it. The issue I had with the bed that for me it was too soft, thus my back wasn't too happy about it. However, this may be a personal preference.

Room Tip: I would always prefer a room in the annex to avoid disturbing the family in the main house.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank DPFS
Phillip Island, Australia
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at the Bullberry Inn , in the quiet little farming town of Tropic ,just 7 miles from Bryce town.We loved it because it was away from the gargantuan /asphalted motels of Bryce.The small inn has 6 rooms and is spotlessly clean throughout.Surrounds are spacious ,relaxing and well maintained.Wally and Netty are warm and hospitable and provide a fantastic freshly cooked or cold ceral breakfast to start your day.Great value and we highly reccomend. (R &V,the Aussies)

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank vicki551
New york
Reviewed May 19, 2013

clean, friendly b & b with nice breakfast. Nettie is the owner and she was very nice and offered to make us a variety of different breakfast items. Everything we had was delicious. The price was much better than staying in bryce canyon city and we were only 7 miles (10 minutes) away. would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas F
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2013

First, the good. The owner/innkeeper is very hospitable and friendly. The breakfast was very good, eggs cooked to order, bacon, hash browns and toast, juice and coffee or tea. Now, the not so good. We stayed in the part of the inn that was outside the original house, it was added on at some point. The walls were, very, very thin and you could hear everything from the room next door and above. The plumbing from the adjacent rooms was very loud, every flush and shower. The wifi was practically non existent in our room. If you could ever get a connection, it would only last a minute or two. The location is good for visiting Bryce, just a few miles away and I'm sure a better choice than staying at Ruby's in town.

Room Tip: Try a room in the main house, may be quieter with a better wifi connection.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travlingal51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tropic
Best Western Plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel
Red Ledges Inn
#3 of 5 in Tropic
Bryce Pioneer Village
Bryce Trails Bed and Breakfast

Been to Bullberry Inn B&B? Share your experiences!