This was our third visit at the Stone Canyon Inn. Again we stayed in the "Cliffrose" cabin.
The cabin was clean when we arrived. Upon entering the cabin I noticed that someone damaged the back of the kitchen counter. I took a picture and immediately made the reception desk aware of it. They didn't seem too concerned.
The beds were good, the hot tub on the deck was hot and in spotless condition. What was lacking was silverware, kitchen towels and the terrible condition of the pans and pots.
Since the stay in the cabins doesn't include breakfast but the cabins have a fully equipped kitchen it is normal to expect that people will prepare their food at the cabin. The gas stove worked really great but the pans were warped and the teflon coating was coming off in the center of the pans. The pans actually looked like they were the same from several years ago.
Aside from the pan issue we really enjoyed our sty at this beautiful setting. The location is close to Bryce and Kodachrome, so it is perfect for day hikes. The grocery store down the road is well equipped and offers almost everything one needs.
All in all this was a very pleasant experience and we would come again, we just hope they will have new pots and pans in the kitchen ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best place to stay at Bryce. We have four secluded cottages with two bedrooms, two baths, fully equipped kitchen and private hot tub. We also have 4 bungalows that are free standing king suites. They have a king bedroom, bathroom, living area and private porch. Stunning views from right under the rim of Bryce Canyon. Hike in to Bryce from the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Stone Canyon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Canyon Hotel Tropic
- Stone Canyon Inn Tropic, Utah