“Get ready for real country food!”
Review of JC's Country Diner

JC's Country Diner
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Tremonton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent the night in Tremonton while traveling from Arizona to Idaho and were looking for a dinner of comfort food. Based upon recommendations at TripAdvisor we drove to JC's Country Diner and were really glad we did.

My husband who really likes meatloaf ordered the meatloaf dinner and thought it was delicious. Plus, based upon reviews read here we ordered a scone rather than dinner roll and were really glad we did. It's a light, fluffy piece of dough reminiscent of Indian fry bread and with the addition of butter and honey was wonderful! The service was really good and we felt like one of the locals who were in most of the other booths and tables. It was a really enjoyable dinner.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had breakfast for dinner. It was very good with great service. Not fancy atmosphere, just a diner.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

JC's calls itself a country cafe and they are spot-on ... It ain't the Hilton but it is wholesome with soups and gravies made on sight and friendly wait help. They even give you a salad fork!

I liked it and will be returning for another chicken-fried-steak with a cool crisp salad and a piece of homemade pie for desert. Real comfort food on the high desert of northern Utah!

1  Thank Roy C
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Atmoshphere very basic, rooms surprisingly large. Server was new, but tried hard. The ribs I had were tasty but tough, my wife's shrimp salad had only four shrimp on it. Ok for one night, but not again.

Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for ecclectic or modern cuisine, you should probably look elsewhere. This is really tasty country cooking and old fashioned great service. I had clam chowder and salad with a scone which was very filling and good. My husband had country fried steak with mashed taters and corn. He ate every bit and told me I should take an after picture instead of a before picture. You need to pass on the fast food and take the 3 mile drive off I-84 to this little gem.