“Clean Rooms at an Excellent Value”
Review of Western Inn

Western Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Tremonton B&B and Inns
Salem, Oregon
“Clean Rooms at an Excellent Value”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

There aren't many choices for lodging in Tremonton, but Western Inn is a great one. The quality of our stay exceeded the price we paid.

This hotel is a great value. The prices are low, but for a no-frills chain, you don't miss out on much. The whole place was remarkably clean. The décor is a little old--it reminded me of the 1980s with the wood paneling on the room walls--but it was still very pleasant.

The room we had seemed spacious, even with two beds, a table, two chairs, a desk, and a dresser. There was an old tube TV mounted on the wall, but it worked. The air conditioner was effective and not too loud, so we could keep the room at just the temperature we wanted. The beds were big and very comfortable, and the pillows were simply perfect.

The window was big and clear. We had a great view of the Denny's across the parking lot, and we actually had a nice view of the mountains to the west. The Denny's sign didn't bother me any, but some guests may want to request a room on the east side of the building and as far to the south as possible to avoid that kind of light.

The room was pleasantly quiet--not much road noise, not much parking lot noise (I heard two trucks pull in and park over the three nights we stayed), and not much noise from other guests. In fact, I could only hear that neighbors were watching TV one evening, but I could easily ignore it and didn't have any idea what they were watching.

They also had a little basket of blue rags in the room so guests can clean up after themselves if necessary. I thought that was a nice touch. I've occasionally spilled something from dinner and wanted to wipe it up but didn't want to use one of the bath towels for it. This was the first place I've stayed that offered such a solution.

The breakfast room was small but welcoming. Breakfast included cereal, toast, waffles from the now-common waffle-maker (though I found that it needed butter or cooking spray to work properly), orange juice, instant oatmeal, coffee, and a small selection of fruit.

I didn't have much interaction with the front desk staff, but the two people I talked to were very friendly and seemed committed to providing a comfortable place to stay.

I gave this property a rating of 4 out of 5. Here's what I thought it needed to get a 5 out of 5 instead: A towel bar or hook near the sink (not just in the bathroom), sheer curtains to allow light while blocking outsiders from looking in (not just the blackout shades), and more breakfast options (like bagels or cups of yogurt). Otherwise, Western Inn met all our needs for a great price, and we're very likely to come back next time.

Room Tip: Less road noise to the south.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Let me first say that the Western Inn is a plain and simple hotel with no real frills. It's a nice room at a GREAT price and for that it deserves a good rating. There is the standard fare with a TV, WIFI and comfortable beds. But the its the staff and the location right off I-25 that make this hotel great. I have arrived at crazy hours and they are always happy to take care of you. The rooms are plain, perhaps somewhat out dated, but the rooms are fairly large and comfortable. This is one of those places where if you just need a place to crash and get some good sleep you have found a real bargain. There is a gas station, Denny's, convenience store and a truck / car wash immediately adjacent. This is where I stop to clean up my truck and horse trailer, take a night off the road and not drain the pocket book! Besides I really enjoy the Western atmosphere!

Room Tip: I am not big on lugging suitcases up stairs. Ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Doug helped us and was so excellent in every possible way!! It was late and we had been turned away from a hotel down the street!! Doug helped us into a room and was nothing but accommodating our entire stay!! Couldn't say enough nice things about our stay here!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We originally stopped at the name brand hotel up the street but it was a bit pricier than we expected. At Western Inn we were very pleased with the price, comfort and service. The cleaning staff had smiles and actually said hi to us unlike other places. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful even though it was 1am when we checked in. We won't be through this way any time soon but if we ever are we'll for sure stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie L
Plant City
Reviewed June 16, 2013

An independently owned motel that is exceptionally clean, conventionally located for interstate travelers, same amenities as chain motels but a better price. Our room had a comfortable queen bed and two big recliners- nice! Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doris R
Lancashire
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here to see the Golden Spike Rodeo at Box Elder Fairgrounds just down the road. It is placed inbetween truck stops and I wasn't too hopeful but it turned out to be a good place to stay. The room was a bit old fashioned but in good condition, clean and comfortable. Noise wasn't a problem and I had a good night's sleep. The breakfast is the usual basic continental type but enough to fill you up until lunch time. A good choice if you want to stop in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bennington, Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Clean and no frills. I was travelling with my two little dogs and the room was adequate and clean with not doggy smell. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. Nothing fancy, but good clean budget accomodation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tremonton
Hampton Inn Tremonton
#10 of 11 in Logan
Hampton Inn Logan
Hampton Inn Logan
#2 of 11 in Logan

Been to Western Inn? Share your experiences!