“Great hotel for business or family travel”
Review of Hampton Inn Tooele

Hampton Inn Tooele
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tooele
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I travel a lot for my company, and can honestly say this is a quality establishment I'd recommend to friends and family. I've stayed here for weeks on end, and we continue to come back every time we need to do a test at Dugway Proving Ground. The staff is courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean, quiet, and very comfortable with a small refrigerator, microwave, bar sink, large LCD TV, good lighting, ergonomic desk chairs with WIFI access. The beds are very comfortable and seemed almost new, with plenty of pillows also. The bathrooms have enough room to spread your gear out without having to stack it in a pile. If you have the time, they have a great indoor exercise room, Jacuzzi tub, and swimming pool too. I've used their conference room also, and they went out of their way to make sure we were accommodated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing Salt Lake City. The sunsets and view from the 2nd and 3rd floors are reall...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I spent four nights here for business; it is on the south end of town, closest to Dugway Proving Ground (but still about 45 minutes from the gate). The hotel is modern and clean, and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. My room (with comfortable king bed, mini-fridge, microwave, large panel TV with DirecTV service) was very clean and spacious. The wireless internet signal was strong and the desk was large and the chair comfortable. I was on the end of the building nearest the road, on the second floor, but I never heard any street noise. In fact, I never heard any noise at all from outside the room. The air conditioner/heater is somewhat loud, but no louder than most hotels. The breakfast was good ... I ate there three mornings in a row and the warmed items (an egg dish and a meat) were different each day; plus they have a waffle maker. This is my first time staying in Tooele, but I see no need to try any other hotel in town when I have to go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank awcolley
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My company was perfoming a test a Dugway testing rage and I needed lodging for 21 nights. I thought I would have to make the long drive to SLC each night. I was relieved to find this hotel that Hilton Hotels internaitonal has graded " Outstanding". Tooele is a small town so, I didn't exspect such a forward thinking , clean hotel. The no smoking policy is so refreshing, you can tell ,it smell fresh and clean. I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to all my friends and co workers.. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: king standard, with small fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank erica s
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I tried to cancel my stay the day before my arrival on what I know is a busy week for them. Rather than try to rebook it, (which should have been easy as there is a lack of hotels available this week due to a large event in the area) they informed me that they are "required" to charge me the cancellation rate (one night). I stay at Hilton family hotels about 40x per year and there is always flexibility to adjust things due to changes in business traveller schedules - especially with loyal customers that consistently provide good revenue to them. I escalated to the General Manager, who apparently has no decision making powers, or is just plain greedy.
Yes I read and understood the cancellation policy, but as a business traveler and Diamond member, I expect more from the hotel chains that I am loyal to.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rsb_WA
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We traveled Utah and Idaho for 14 days in Sept. 2011. We stayed at Hampton Inns
almost every night. The rate here was $30 more than any of the other places and it was
not because they were filled. There were alot of vacant rooms. We had the fewest amenities
there. Even the cookies were the cheapest store-bought kind available. The breakfast would
have been ok, if it had been replenished. The front desk clerk and the breakfast attendant
sat in the breakfast area having coffee, discussing personal problems while the food containers were empty. It was the worst experience of our trip.

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn Express down the street.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were forced to change our travel plans and attempted to cancel our reservation at the Hampton Inn Tooele on the day prior to our planned arrival. We were unscuccessful in our attempt to cancel on-line, and received a lecture regarding this Hampton Inn's 72 hour reservation cancellation policy when we attempted to cancel by phone. Our efforts to resolve this matter through Hilton's Reservation and Customer Care staff were also unsuccessful because our reservation was made through the Hampton Inn Tooele website and not the Hilton/Hampton Central Reservation System.

All hotels must have some policy regarding cancelled reservations, but 72 hours seems very unreasonable to us. The net result of our experience is a $108 charge for accomodations we could not use and a sour ending to a vacation that was otherwise enjoyable. Beware...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Wilson H
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed here while on business at the nearby Dugway Proving Grounds last week. Was impressed with the friendliness of the staff, and the overall cleanliness and niceness of the hotel. My room was immaculate, and the view out my window (overlooking the downtown area, and the mountains surrounding the Great Salt Lake in the distance) was just awesome.
I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing north, in order to enjoy the view of the Great Salt Lake.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sparky2Harvest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tooele
Comfort Inn & Suites Tooele
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tooele
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Tooele
Best Western Inn Tooele
Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City-West Jordan
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City / West Valley City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake...
#2 of 12 in West Valley City

Been to Hampton Inn Tooele? Share your experiences!