No photo provided
Add it.
Chef Tom's Italian Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed February 24, 2011

We haven't been to Chef Tom in over a year, because it was going down hill.
We found out that they are under new management. So we went there this week. It was so much better! The food was great and the portions were larger than last visit. We are excited to be able to return and enjoy their service once again.

1  Thank Happygolucky2259

Reviewed May 9, 2010

My family has been eating at Chef Tom's for well over 20 years (many of those years driving from Alpine) and have always enjoyed the food. The food is simple Italian (Americanized) but is consistently great as is the service. The decor is dated and in need of a redo, but don't let the less than stellar appearence discourage you from eating there.

Reviewed September 6, 2009

I will agree with other reviewers who said that the cheese bread was good, but I must also say that I've had better. And that applies to everything I ate at Chef Tom's.

The service was above average. Our server was very friendly and eager to make recommendations. She also made certain that we had everything we needed throughout our meal. And she even ran out to my car as we were leaving to bring me the hat that I had forgotten and left on the table.

The food was not as good as I had expected. All of the bread items were quite tasty. I chose a variety meal that had some lasagna and some pizza. Both had good flavor, but the cheese bothered me. It seemed that both pizza and lasagna had been cooked and left in a warmer for some time before being served to me because the cheese was somewhat rubbery. The lasagna had far too much cheese for my liking, and considering that I am a big fan of cheese, that's really saying something. It's a pity, too, because the flavorful red sauce was impaired by the abundance of cheese.

My wife had some soup and a pasta dish with white sauce. She was not particularly impressed, but she did enjoy her meal. She agreed with the server that this restaurant's Alfredo sauce had better flavor than others in the same price range.

I was bothered by a couple of flies as I ate. I understand it may be difficult to keep them out in the summertime, but in my opinion, flies don't really belong in any indoor restaurant.

One of the things that bothered me about this restaurant was the kitchen. I couldn't see much of it, but I could hear what was coming from inside it. They had a television on, and it was playing a Jim Carrey movie in Spanish. I have never been to a restaurant before that had a TV in the kitchen, and it bothered me only because it was probably distracting the staff from their work, and I wondered if my experience would have been different (cleaner restaurant, fresher food) if the TV was not there.

All in all, the service was great, the food was mediocre but filling, and the prices were fair. I do not recommend the buffet option. I do recommend all of the bread items.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 1, 2009

When I worked at the Travel Agency I would walk here once a week just to get an order of their cheese bread.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I was craving Italian for lunch and want to head to Olive Garden. Co-worker mentioned this place and while not excited i decided to go. WOW! Some good eats! They brought a plate of cheesy garlic bread. I ordered the Lasagna with came with a salad or soup. I had a Ceasar salad and it was very yummy. Lasagna was delish! The sauce was so yummy and it was cheesy and just great. Some more garlic bread and i was a happy camper. This place is going to be a regular stop for me now.