“Excellent dinner”

The Tree Room @ Sundance
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tree Room @ Sundance is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Sundance
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were impressed with the food and service here. The decor is lovely and it feels very cozy inside.

The elk loin and peppered steak were prepared very well. The Sundance salad had the perfect amount of dressing, and the beet starter was cool and refreshing.

The berries and custard were a perfect dessert, the beignets were a little dense for my taste.

Great choice for a special night out.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at some of the finest restaurants in Chicago and Los Angeles, and this is by far the most outstanding restaurant we have eaten at. The atmosphere, food and service is always tops. We love the extra little touches that are added to the overall experience. One summer they brought out a tiny glass of fresh grape juice with a sliver of grape at the bottom of the glass made from the grapes in their garden. The food is incredible. I always get the black pepper steak with a berry sauce if available. My husband got the elk tenderloin this last time which was the best tasting wild game we've had. TheTree Room is quite pricey, but not once have we ever left there thinking, "And we spent how much for this meal." The overall experience, food and charm is well worth the money.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Had a reservation for 5:30 on a Saturday night and was seated promptly. I have to say that each course was delicious. I had the scallops and my wife had the beets as the starter. The scallops were amazing and complex while the beets were plain and oddly paired with a coffee type custard. I had the Pepper Steak and she had the Sea Bass. Neither disappointed and I basically licked the plate :) seemed like everyone around us including us needed help explains quite a fee items on the menu but our server had been there for 18 years and didn't have a problem answering all of our questions. We finished with "chocolate" and the berries and cream for dessert. The chocolate was a little disappointing but couldn't overpower the rest of the meal that was fantastic! Will return when I take out a second mortgage :)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Yes, it's a little off the beaten path, but this restaurant - and Robert Redford's very special Sundance Resort - is well worth the drive. The room is quite spacious, warm and lovely, all wood, stone, with a huge window and soaring rafters, decorated all round with wonderful photos of Redford in many films and his personal collection of cucina dolls in a glass case in the center of the room. We arrived just as they opened at 5pm and had the whole place to ourselves for nearly two hours. The staff are so friendly and warm, they make you feel very welcome.

The food is truly exquisite - the chef sent out an appetizer to our appetizer a tantalizing hunk of fresh, tart parmesan cheese with pomegranite chutney, fantastic. Our appetizer - Taste of Beets - was also fantastic. My tree room pepper steak truly was the best I'd ever had - ever! And her Utah trout was exceptionally fresh and delicious. We finished with the Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta...heavenly. Of course it's expensive, but goodness, it was one of the best meals we've ever had in our lives and completely worth it.

A special thank you to Angie, Greg, chef Daniel Sweisford and all the staff: we will NEVER forget how special you made our aniversary dinner as your guests, and we will return!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were impressed by the lamb and aged buffalo that we had for dinner. Outstanding! I would return for the same meal again. While we were ordering, we noticed that tables were being moved around to accommodate a large party. I asked to be relocated away from the party as my husband and I were having an intimate dinner. We were told we could sit anywhere in the restaurant that we liked, and helped to a lovely table away from the crowd. The waiter apologized saying that this group had just called in and that the restaurant had not been expecting them that night, hence the unusual hustle and bustle during the prime dinner hour.