I don't think Robert Redford knew exactly what he wants to build here. A luxury resort? A cosy place for great skiing? The nice place in the neighbourhood for fine dining? A down to earth, "we are all friends" place for the festival? An arty, rustic cultural center? Obviously, nobody can succeed in so many categories, but this place gets quite close.
- Great, big rooms. We had a loghouse with two rooms, lots of square meters, lots of wood, nice, warm carpets, great kitchen, surrounded by tall pine trees.
- A good basic restaurant and a great fine diner
- Excellent ski lift, reaching really nice views even in the summer, I imagine they are amaying in winters
- Lots of trees, greens, small lakes
- a nice location, close to Provo, good day trips to many parks, Salt Lake City, Antelope Island
- has a very interesting "we know we are unique and cool but we downplay it" atmosphere
- Unusually large area. It took us 10 mins one way with kids to walk from the room to the restaurant, a bit too long
- The bathtub had scratches, and looked old and outdated
- Booking tables on a Friday evening can fail, they promise you will have something with maximum a bit of wait, you go there on time, wait 45 mins, kids running around, eventually getting sleepy, you walk back to the house with them (long walk)
- No spa or swimming pool
Overall, it worth its somewhat hefty price and can act as a good place to discover central Utah, but will not give you a full resort experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded by Robert Redford in 1969, Sundance Mountain Resort is a year-round luxury mountain resort dedication to conservation, the arts, and community. We offer lodging accommodations ranging from a standard room to a four-bedroom home. We also have award-winning restaurants, shopping outlets, conference and catering services, and much more. Our Resort offers the following year-round activities: • Fly fishing • Art classes • Spa treatments • And more. We also offer the following seasonal activities: • Downhill skiing and snowboarding • Cross country skiing • Hiking and mountain biking • Horseback riding • Summer Theatre and Bluebird Cafe Concert Series • And more. "Sundance is an arts community, a recreational community, a community of people who appreciate the beauty of nature and feel the responsibility to preserve it... As you'll see, Sundance has many shapes, many moods, and many possibilities. Somewhere in our community awaits an experience which belongs to you and we are committed to helping you find it." -Robert Redford ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Sundance Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundance Hotel Sundance
- Sundance Resort Utah