I stayed here for 3 nights in June for a conference.
Let me first be clear that I am not a camper and I hate rustic. But this was the closest thing to camping that I’ll ever be happy with.
The whole resort is something to behold. It is set up to resemble a mining camp. I was a bit put off when I went to check in and found that I had to wait for a bellman to come and DRIVE me up to my room.
But my standard room had more of a feel of a cabin than a hotel room. This is one of those times when “standard” is certainly not std.. The room felt very rustic and reminded me a bit of summer camp as a kid – but with the most comfortable HUGE, tall bed, separate bath & private walk-out deck. The room was well stocked with Starbucks coffee for the in-room coffee maker as well as a delicious cocoa and tea. I am a sucker when it comes to a hotel with a spa robe and Sundance did not disappoint!
Sundance is big into recycling (which I applaud) and make it easy for you to do so while visiting. They even give you a cloth bag with their logo to use for grocery shopping when you go home – works great for a souvenir too!
I don’t think that my words will do any better than the photos that I took and have attached.
A few things to note:
• No air conditioning – but unnecessary as it is in the mountain and you are surrounded by trees. Sleeping with the windows open was heavenly and to wake to the sound of birds was enchanting.
• No room service – when I checked in, they did not have the key to my room (they are old fashioned keys and had to be cut) so I had to wait until they dropped it off. I went to call room service, but they didn’t have a menu. I did call one of the resteraunts who were very quick to take my order…for something “chicken”. Unfortunately it was a $35 chicken dinner, but fortunately it was a absolutely fantastic meal!
• The resort was hard to find – but this may be due to the construction that was going on around them. I must’ve driven around for 30 minutes before realizing that there is a 80E and an 80W – separate streets!
• There are a lot of stairs. A flight of stairs to go down to the room as well as two steps inside the room (standard room). I’m not sure who would stay here that wasn’t physically fit enough to take the stairs – but it was a bit disconcerting finding my way to the bathroom, stumbling up the stairs in the night.
• If there is a visitor next door you may hear them. It didn’t bother me much – I just turned up the tv, but the walls did seem a bit thin.
I hate exercise, but the walking/hiking, etc. just doesn’t feel like a workout because of the breathtaking views. I did take advantage of the spa, which I wasn't impressed with.
When I first arrived, I wasn’t sure what to think. When it was time to go, I couldn’t wait to come back, but this time with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded by Robert Redford in 1969, Sundance Mountain Resort is a year-round luxury mountain resort dedication to conservation, the arts, and community. We offer lodging accommodations ranging from a standard room to a four-bedroom home. We also have award-winning restaurants, shopping outlets, conference and catering services, and much more. Our Resort offers the following year-round activities: • Fly fishing • Art classes • Spa treatments • And more. We also offer the following seasonal activities: • Downhill skiing and snowboarding • Cross country skiing • Hiking and mountain biking • Horseback riding • Summer Theatre and Bluebird Cafe Concert Series • And more. "Sundance is an arts community, a recreational community, a community of people who appreciate the beauty of nature and feel the responsibility to preserve it... As you'll see, Sundance has many shapes, many moods, and many possibilities. Somewhere in our community awaits an experience which belongs to you and we are committed to helping you find it." -Robert Redford ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sundance Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundance Hotel Sundance
- Sundance Resort Utah