“Healthy Food in Springville!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Mapleton
“Healthy Food in Springville!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

I love Springville downtown for walking back sixty years to a simpler time and place, and Ginger's Garden Cafe is a fun place to stop and enjoy it. I like to pick a table near the large picture windows, where I can people watch and soak up the ambiance of this lovely small town that likes to call itself a city. On this visit, my daughter and I enjoyed a visit with an old friend, who treated us to a scrumptious lunch of fresh vegetables and hearty soup and sandwiches. Yes, we will be back.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Kjirstin

Orem, Utah
“Good salads and sandwiches in a vegan-inspired cafe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

Ginger's Garden Cafe is located on the main street in Springville, Utah, adjacent to the (relatively) new location of Magleby's restaurant. The cafe occupies the front third of a small herb shop.
Orders are placed at the front counter and then the food is brought to your table (there are less than a dozen near the front window). We've found service to be slow, but friendly. The menu relies heavily on vegetarian/vegan dishes, although there are a few meat options (using things like free-range chicken). About half a dozen different salads and perhaps ten (?) sandwiches are offered, in addition to other fare. There is also a large smoothie menu which looks very tempting.
On a recent visit I had the mandarin chicken salad, which was very good and quite generous, both in terms of size and the amount of chicken. The dressing was particularly good. My husband had the falafel sandwich -- very good, but a little small. He was finished with his sandwich well before I was even halfway done with my salad.
The shopping part in the back was a little disappointing - large selection of dried herbs and seasonings in baggies - and a few frozen items, books, and herbal supplements. No fresh herbs.
This is a comfortable local spot, but not some place to take a guest unless they happen to be vegan.

1 Thank New2Cal