“Smelly Rooms, lots of truck noise”

BEST WESTERN Mountain View Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Springville
Montana
“Smelly Rooms, lots of truck noise”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2008

Rooms smell. Mac trucks driving by all night to the truck stop across the street. Stayed there twice, will not again

• Liked — Not much
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sam P, Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2016
Dear guest,
As the new manager of the Best Western Mountain View Inn, I personally apologize for your bad experience in the past with this hotel. We have made many changes since you have stayed with us and we hope one bad experience will not ruin your willingness to stay here again. We hope to see you in the future so you can experience the new Best Western.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2007

Slight differences in 2 stays - one on the way to Salt Lake City and one on the way back.
The first stay was in an upstairs room with jacuzzi bath. Hugh room overlooking lovely kidney shaped pool and mountains. The room cost $110. It is right opposite an eat all you like buffet restaurant which is plain food but lots of choice and very good and reasonably priced.
The second stay was in a downstairs standard room which was dowdy in comparison but was the only room available.
Breakfast room was hot and crowded on both occasions. Reception staff were helpful and very friendly. This is obviously a very busy, well used hotel and is in an excellent location for a stopover on the last leg of a drive to Salt Lake City.

• Stayed June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
We always look forward to accommodating for our guests needs. We are glad you were pleased with your stay and we can indeed get busy during the peak months. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for staying with us
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2007

This hotel was a quiet night's stay in a clean, large room. The staff was efficient in checking us in quickly. The interior hallway arrangement was nice during the cold weather that we experienced on this trip. There are a few truckstop type restaurants across the street, but go one exit up the freeway for all the choices you could want.

• Stayed January 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ohzonejoe
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed staying with us and that our hotel and staff met up to your standards. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2006

This place is actually called the Mountain View Inn - the CottonTree Inn is in Provo. It is easy to find and the Interstate exit number given in the directions is correct, unlike many Utah locations since the state-wide renumbering process. It is conveniently located to Provo and Spanish Fork. I stayed three nights for business. The room was advertised as having an iron and ironing board in the room. There was no iron in my room and during the course of my stay one could not be located by front desk personnel so I attended my business meetings in wrinkled clothes. The pool is seasonal - another disappointment. The continental breakfast was good with a good selection. The room had a mini-fridge and a microwave which was nice. The location is directly across from a Flying J truck stop and we heard trucks all night long as well as the train whistle at night very nearby. After the second night I noticed that my husband had red welts on his upper thigh and buttocks. I attibuted that to him doing some outdoor activities. By the morning we checked out I had marks on my stomach and hips -- no doubt at that point something in the room was biting us! I made the reservations online and the quoted price was different from the amount I was billed. I don't know if it was tax or what because they didn't give me my receipt and thought they may have charged my credit card twice, which they had not but it took them until after I had left for my meetings to figure it all out.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear guest,

We are happy to inform you that the hotel is now under new management and many of the issues have been addressed that you mentioned in your review. Thank you for your feedback as it helps us meet the needs of our guests. We hope to see you again at what is now the Best Western Mountain View Inn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Springville
Sleep Inn Provo
Sleep Inn Provo
#5 of 20 in Provo
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!