“Nightmare Hotel”

Best Western Mountain View Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Springville
Reviewed August 2, 2012

First, when I checked in, I was told they could not find my reservation. Then I was informed that "the other girl screwed up" and accidentally checked us in. I received keys and tried to enter my room. The keys did not work and someone else was in the room. I woke them up trying to enter and it was embarassing. I was moved to another room where I found a dirty washcloth in the shower. The cleanliness and quality of the room was definitely substandard. I'm usually a Holiday Inn customer, this was my first stay at a Best Western. It will be my last.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Skyetai
Sam P, Manager at Best Western Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2016

Dear guest,

On behalf of the whole staff, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with us. Changes in staff have been made and we have been working hard to make our housekeepers clean more effectively. Our front desk clerks are happy to make accommodations for you and are well trained to help you have the best experience. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I should start by saying that I may be being overly influenced by my first impression. My first impression was of a desk clerk who was only a half step above being surly. Additionally, she provided no information at all without being asked. I even had to ask where our room was after she had given me the key and dismissed me (and, yes, I was "dismissed"). The room itself was ok. It was very small (if you do stay there, avoid room 201), but in reasonably good shape. Except for the bathroom. A couple of tiles on the floor were unseated and made noise everytime you stepped on them. The fiberglass insert in the shower was not seated properly to the base, and the slightest movement or shifting of weight resulted in loud creaks and groans. Also, both towels were stained and one washcloth was so dirty it was unusable. Other than that, I can't really say anything else was wrong. The motel was quiet, the breakfast was fine and the property was reasonably kept up (except, as noted, the bathroom). The same clerk was on duty the next morning and her degree of job involvement was unchanged from the previous day.

I should mention that we had reservations at the same motel for our return trip four days later. We cancelled them, got new reservations at another Best Western in Lehi (about 20 miles north) and had a nicer room, a far, far more helpful and friendly staff, and an all round more pleasant experience for a few dollars less. I don't like giving less than positve reviews (all my other Tripadvisor reviews are positive), but I just felt like there are better choices in the area and life is too short to pay more and get less.

Room Tip: Pass on the one queen rooms; they are very small. Even with a second bed, the two queen rooms have...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HikingMTM

Dear guest,
On behalf of our staff, I sincerely apologize for your bad customer service. We have made staff changes since you have stayed with us to ensure such experiences don't happen again. We have recently renovated our hotel so we hope you get a chance to see the new us.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have decided Best Westerns are usually very nice and a good deal when you consider their hot breakfast. Although other motels we used during this trip were good, Best Western seem just a little nicer. Mountain View was conveniently located right off the freeway. The room we had, #200, was right by the stairs and seemed to be a little bigger because a little nook was over the stairway. It was a very nice room, comfy bed, microwave and frig with freezer. I like the TV remote that is designed for easy cleaning to help with not spreading germs. The person at the desk was very friendly and helpful. He recommended a good place to eat, but after driving all day we walked across the street to an very nice Denny's Diner. Newly updated, very clean, friendly staff, and surprisingly, very good food. The free BW hot breakfast would probably cost $6 to $8 at Denny's, if not more, so when you consider that the extra you pay for the room is made up for at breakfast. It was hot in Springville, so the pool was a great place to cool off.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RetiredTraveler2009

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. By letting us know what we are doing well we can continue to give good service to those in the future. We hope to see you again at the Best Western Mountain View Inn

Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was clean, bed was comfortable, breakfast fine. The reason I rated value as poor is online rates were between $70.00 and $95.00 but when we stopped about 9:00 pm on Friday night we were told price was $149.99. The desk clerk never asked if we were members of AAA or AARP which would have given us a discount. Next morning I inquired why room was so much more than online and I was told because hotel was almost full. I asked about AAA discount and was told he couldn't give it because he had already posted the room charges. I really get tired of corporate America taking advantage of hard working individuals.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank thejewlz

Dear guest,

By making reservations in advance, you can avoid a lot of higher prices that come as our hotel fills up. It's basic supply and demand. In regards to your discounts, that is indeed our fault. The front desk clerk should have asked if you had such discounts. We apologize for that misunderstanding and we have worked with our staff to become better customer service. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

While enroute to Arizona, we decided to stay at the MVI. We made our reservation via the BW 800 number. We also made a reservation for our return trip at the end of the March 2012. We canceled that reservation, but Sammie claims we made another reservation at the motel. Springerville being on the south end of SLC was a convient location for us, and being unaware of these prior reviews (silly me), we stayed at the MVI in late Feb.2012. After driving 12 plus hours, we arrived, checked into our room. The room was dirty and it turned out to be infested with bed bugs as we noticed the following day, many bites upon our persons. We decided to cancel our late March reservation, via the BW 800 number. So, we paid for our first night stay and moved on. When we got home we found a credit card charge for the night we cancelled! We were told by the GM Sammie Patel that we had made two reservations for the same day! Now why would we do that, especially in that flea bag motel! Our return trip we stayed in Ogden at a BW. This guy that is running this place needs to go back to customer service school...he has no clue. His claim of two reservations for the same day is false and unfounded.
Beware when dealing with this guy or his staff. We have filed a complaint with BW and our CC company. Since it appears that this "no show" charge is something that I may have to pay, I will be contacting the health department to report the conditions.

Room Tip: Stay at some other location!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Craig K
shg_sam, General Manager at Best Western Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Comments are untrue and dishonest. We understand your billing frustration but not a reason for untrue review of the hotel. All mentioned issues were regarding a stay in February, yet they are only brought up in April. Serious issues as these should be brought up immediately and not 6 -7 weeks later.
The hotel did offer to cancel and refund the reservation if a cancellation number could be provided. We did also offer a substantial discount on a future stay for all of the inconveniences experienced. Reservations CANNOT be made without personal information being relayed from guest to hotel (name, address, credit card details). Error was not on the hotel's part.
Nationally know pest control company treats property twice per month and nothing of the sort has been found. Records on hand to prove.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We pass through this area a couple of times a year coming and going to Arizona so we have had the opportunity to stay at many of the Best Western hotels in Utah from the Timpanogos B.W. on the north end of Salt Lake to The B.W. Abbey Inn in Cedar city down south.

This particular hotel by far is the best of the lot. Three times now we've been automatically upgraded to one of the corner suites which includes a jacuzzi by the evening desk clerk.

The rate for our early April stay was around $75. Amenities include a good sized fridge with freezer, standard sized coffee maker (so you can make an entire pot not just a little cup) and is extremely clean, a feature I appreciate so much. No crud hiding in the corners. No odd little stains. So yes the furniture is ever so slightly dated and mismatched, I'll take clean over palatial digs any day of the week.

When we mentioned we were going to hop across the street to grab a bite the desk clerk even gave us a 15% discount coupon for the Denny's restaurant!

We consistently have a good experience at this hotel, I would not hesitate to recommend it to any traveler.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WYO_Canuck

We are glad you enjoy your stays with us. We always enjoy making our guests happy. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving week. The older location was recently repainted and upgraded. One wall in the room was painted a very bright RED. Our first room was very NOISY due to the trucks coming and going at the Flying J truck stop across the street. After 2 noisy nights, we asked to be moved to a room overlooking the pool. That was a big improvement.

The breakfast was only mediocre. Fruit was small and not very tasty. The breakfast attendant doled out one bannana at a time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear guest,

We have remodeled our hotel to look more modern and are always willing to accommodate for your needs. When making reservations in the future request a quite room and our front desk agents will take care of it. Feel free to also ask the breakfast attendant for more foods that you enjoy. Our wish is to make all our guests happy. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Springville
#4 of 6 in Springville
Hampton Inn Provo
Hampton Inn Provo
#1 of 20 in Provo

Been to Best Western Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!