“I love the California Club”
Review of Art City Trolley

Art City Trolley
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Springville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 1994 On Feb. 5, 1994, The Art City Trolley Restaurant officially opened its doors. After locating the 1931 Brill Bullet Trolley car in an almost abandoned state some six months earlier, Jeff and Kelly Decker along with numerous family members and friends restored the Trolley Car and converted it into a small roadside diner that boasted seating for 26 people. Thanks to a supportive community, (and some great food), 2 years later the small diner grew to a seating capacity of 115 with the addition of the "Trolley Station" that stands today. The original menu has evolved from favorites like the Baby Back Ribs that won "Zagat's Dinning Guide" for "Best BBQ in the State", to the legendary Art City Special Salad. In January 2009 we reached another milestone by becoming one of "Utah Valley's Best Choice" for Salads. As always we use the freshest ingredients and original recipes concocted from scratch here in the restaurant.
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I went to eat here on May 17, 2012 at lunch time. She had a salad, which was delicious and I had the California Club. The chicken was perfectly cooked, the bacon crisp, a lovely ciabatta roll The sauce they use makes the sandwich and fuses all the flavors together. I dont like that they server Pepsi, but that is a personal preference.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Best Salads around for sure. Order the half size, it's still gigantic!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

My wife and I enjoy stopping here for the salads. The half Art City Special is her favorite, and the half Shrimp Salad is mine. The interior of the restaurant is decorated on a motorcycling theme, and you can dine in the old trolley at the back of the restaurant if you like (although the temperature in the trolley varies from season to season and is not always properly heated or cooled). The service is fine. They will prepare items to go as well, which we often take advantage of. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is not a review of the food or dining service, but rather the customer service of management. In 2000, my brother bought $60 worth of gift certificates for my elderly parents when they moved to Springville, UT. When our mother died at the age of 92 last week, we found the paper gift certificates and planned to take our widowed father out to dinner. The manager and owner both refused to honor any of the certificates even though they were clearly legitimate and there was no expiration date on them.

I cannot rate the food because we chose not to patronize the business once we discovered that they no qualms about taking $60 and giving nothing in return.

2  Thank Mary M
Cary D, Owner at Art City Trolley, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

mcmarya,

This is Cary. I'm the owner of the Art City Trolley. Forgive me for replying so late. I'm apologize for your negative experience.

What do you think you and I could do to fix this. My intent isn't to win you over (although that would be nice). It's merely to help you have the experience you didn't receive the first time you came in.

My email is:
artcitytrolley@gmail.com

I'd greatly appreciate it if you we could talk about this. I have an idea on how we can solve this.

Thanks again,
Cary

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Every time I go here I like to try something new. I haven't found anything I didn't like yet. The salads are amazing. Just to warn you though a half salad is gigantic. Their buffalo wings in my opinion are much better than Wingers. There the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. They also have great burgers and fries. Their fish'n chips are wonderful. You can get cod or salmon. I haven't had the opportunity to try any of the desserts. They look good but I'm always to full. The service is great, and my family loves the atmosphere. Seriously the best food in town.

1  Thank Kendra H