“Handy location but watch what they charge you”

Days Inn Springville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Springville
Reviewed October 3, 2011

First the good...
There was a room available on a BYU home game night with no reservation. Convenient location right on the freeway. A very pleasant young lady quoted $69 over the phone and held a room for us 'til we arrived. A man who I assumed to be the manager confirmed the price.

The room was clean with only a slight whiff of some sort of "perfumy" cover scent. It had a fridge & microwave plus the normal stuff you find in the average motel room. Everything needed for a night's sleep but nothing extra, but remember it's a motel not a resort.

Then the mediocre...
The "free" breakfast was very spartan indeed and monitored grudgingly by the dour morning clerk. They also save money by not air-conditioning the hallways or providing complimentary pens & note pads. (on the one day I needed one!), but remember it's a motel...

Then the really annoying...
Remember, the pleasant young lady quoted $69 plus tax. When I checked out the next morning they had charged me $70, not $69. Yes, I know it's only a buck and I've wasted more than that writing this review but it's that old principle thing. If they'll cheat you openly like that who knows what else they'll do. I guess I'll be monitoring my card closely for unauthorized charges from India.

It wasn't worth the delay or hassle to try to deal with the morning clerk over a buck. We'll see if the corporate office has any interest but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime this place is off my list and all Days Inns are suspect to say the least.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank housedawg

Reviewed September 30, 2011

We had requested two beds, the manager would only give us one. Then forced me to pay $15 a day for a rollaway bed. I negotiated him down to $15 for the two days. He said that if I hadn't already received such a good deal on Priceline he would have let me have it for free.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tab P
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed here for education week. It is a good, basic, inexpensive hotel within 10 min. of BYU. The Cracker Barrel restaurant next door has a great menu and a nice seasonal store. The restaurant manager sat down with us and explained all the options, very nice service. Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We were planning a trip through Utah, so I made my reservation online and when it was processed it was the wrong price. It was supposed to be $75 but the confirmation said it was $90 (that was my error, since I had tried to place the order a couple of times and got timed out) when i went back in to complete it I forgot to put in the AAA code for a discount. I called the hotel and spoke to a man who said he'd take care of it - No problem!

When we arrived to check in in person, the women at the desk tried to charge us $90 again - they were very unfriendly and unhelpful! They finally gave us $10 off. We were really disgusted by the lack of friendliness and customer service!

Also, the lobby REAKED of the smell of heavy curry food - not appropriate for a hotel lobby! I happen to like curry, but this was overwhelmingly pungent! I honestly think many people would walk in and walk right out, it was so strong!

I would NOT stay at this hotel again - the rooms were shabby, the beds were like ROCK, and the overall condition of the hotel was deplorable. The lighting in the room was AWFUL, and there were no sheer curtains in the windows - we were on the ground floor, so we could choose from totally open and visible to everyone, or totally dark with black-out curtains!

Everything seemed to be extremely cheaply done, and hadn't been updated for a very long time, so that, along with the horrible customer service makes this place a pit! Never staying there again!

We actually stopped at another Days Inn in Winnemucca, Nevada, on our way back to California, and when we took a look at the room the beds were also as hard as a rock, so my husband refused to stay there! I'm pretty sure we won't stay at another Days In after this experience!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heartfulartist
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Room and hotel were filthy. They also charged us twice for the same stay. When approached, the desk clerk muttered something in a foreign language (good luck communiting with the staff!), then walked away and told me it wasn't his problem. Was hung up on when we tried to resolve it with the hotel, so we ended up calling the corporate office for Days Inn to get it resolved. Dishonest, poor service, and dirty!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank TandLseeingtheworld
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! When we got there we had reserved non-smoking he told us there were no non-smoking rooms left and tried to upgrade us to a suite for 30 dollars more. He tried to do this to the customers before and after us as well. The beds were hard as rock and really uncomfortable. The breakfast was old and they didn't keep it well stocked at all. It had just been remodeled but it smelled like mold through the whole lobby and hallways. They adverstised a heated pool which was not the case as well. We will never stay there again worst experience ever!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank robadamson3
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The management of this hotel found our confirmed reservation to be inconvenient for them and canceled it the afternoon we were to arrive. I had booked the reservation 3 months in advance, had a confirmation in my hand, and they advised me to not show up because they had canceled our room and would not have a room for us. I had also paid the entire amount of our reservations 3 months in advance. Don't ever trust a reservation here!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rmbailey2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Springville
#5 of 20 in Provo
Western Inn Spanish Fork
Western Inn Spanish Fork
#1 of 1 in Spanish Fork

Been to Days Inn Springville? Share your experiences!