“great food!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Salt Lake City, Utah
“great food!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

If you are looking for some yummy hawaiian plate lunch this is the place to go. The garlic chicken and katsu chicken are great and so is the kalua pork. the frybread is awesome too. oh so ono :)

• Visited April 2014

Cedar City, Utah
“Just turn around and leave.”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Tired of being on the freeway we decided to take a break and pulled in to Sandy, made our way to S Jordan. Scoped the place for restaurants looking for anything Polynesian. There it was, Lanikai Grill. "Yes, thank you Jesus", or maybe I spoke too soon. As soon as we entered I wanted to leave. The female staffs sitting inside looked irritated. Like they-have-go-back-to-work irritated. The cashier was did not smile at all, no greetings, nothing. I'm actually glad she didn't smile, I don't think she had teeth. Not to be mean or anything, but I was very upset at this point. I ordered Shortribs, she said they ran out. I then ordered Loco Moco, she said it will take 10 minutes to make the gravy. I didn't want to wait for te gravy so I moved along to the next thing on the item that looked fulfilling. Anything, to calm my now very ticked off tummy yelling "This is Sparta!!!". Finally, curry chicken. I forgot what she said, but no dice either and I didn't care anymore. I don't like Garlic Chicken. I never order it, anywhere. But it was the ONLY thing they had, save for the Teri Beef, which for me would be a last resort. Anyway, staffs, and their friends sitting at the tables made my mother-in-law and wife very nervous. I have been in some very rough situations. Bars and Clubs, in a pinch in a heartbeat. If you're not understanding, it means, a feeling we are about to get jumped, or ganged on. I felt like I had to call back up just to eat there! I don't like people eyeballing my mom-in-law for God knows what reason, and I especially don't like it when they stare at my wife(its obvious why, shes a hotty). But that's not the point! Food is ok. The garlic chicken was pretty good. The atmosphere, and the staffs.... Just walk out.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank JephriGee
South Jordan, Utah
“Plate lunch (or dinner) on the mainland!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We love stopping by here to get our plate lunch fix. It's great for eating in or take out. The garlic chicken is absolutely delightful, I need it at least twice a month.

The chicken katsu is also very good. Another favorite is the curry, but it's only available on Thursday, and go early, because they do run out of it.

The owner is wonderful and we love the décor, especially the turtles carved out of wood.

• Visited January 2014
Utica, New York, United States
“Skip Rumbi and eat here!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

But keep in mind that patience is a virtue and don't expect to have more than 10 minutes to eat on a 30-minute lunch break - stop by Lanikai when you have the time to spare. Also, I don't believe the staff is purposely slow but have a different view on the pace of everyday life. If you take these things into consideration, you should be able to enjoy what their menu has to offer - true Hawaiian dishes.

• Visited September 2012
Mannheim, Germany
“Good Food”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Busy place, and good food. The orders do take a little while to prepare, but it is worth the wait. I'd go again anytime.

• Visited June 2013