“Horrible Customer Service!”

Description: Pastries, cakes, soups, sandwiches
Sandy, Utah
“Horrible Customer Service!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Started when I needed to get a cake for my son's christening. I went in a few weeks before to get pricing and all my options before placing my order. The girl that helped me was very nice and wrote everything down that I needed.

A week before I called to place my order after giving the women on the phone my choices. She gave me my total which was 65.00. I was a little confused because I had been previously given an amount of 25.00 or so. I asked why it was so much more. She placed me on hold and then the owners wife got on the phone and said It is what it is. Do you want it or not. I tried to explain I was given pricing that was different and asked why? At this point she got angry with me and said she didn't care what previous pricing was given, Have I bought cream cheese lately, and how dare I question her! Then she hung up on me!!

I was shocked, I had not raised my voice at her and had been complety polite. All I did was ask a few questions.

Long story short, I finally ordered my cake (which was delicious) but the customer service I received in the process was appalling by none other than the owners wife. I have been in customer service over 10 years and would never treat my customers the way she does. NEWS FLASH- Customers are what keep your doors open!!!! And we have a right to ask what we are paying for!!!!

• Visited July 2013
7 Thank misa7

Montevideo, Uruguay
“More than just pastries!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stopped by for lunch and had a sandwich. It was really good--it tasted like something homemade instead of tasting like a combination of pre-made ingredients. I liked it so well that I had lunch there again before we left the area.

I really like their sugar cookies.

I have seen before that they have movies for lunches with kids sometimes, and that seems like that would be a great place for that kind of activity.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Emily K
“Salt Lake City Meeting and Reception Center is the Best”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love this place. They supplied our business networking event today (BNI) one of the best places to meet and network. Catered to the hilt with their delicious pastries and breakfast fruit plates. Everything was perfect. This was my first visit to Schmidt's and I would recommend any business networking group to schedule their next welcoming meeting at their conference room and reception center. I was so impressed that I joined the group and committed to a year as a member. Thank you 8/14/2013.

• Visited August 2013
West Jordan, Utah, United States
“Good food and good prices”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We found this restaurant one day while going in to get a bakery treat. Found the food delicious and portion size great. We now go in several times a month just to eat.

• Visited May 2013
Sandy, Utah
“Glad I stopped in”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We've tried Schmidts in Salt Lake and really enjoyed their food. So we were excited to see their location in South Jordan. And they lived up to the reputation and prior experiences we've had. Their deli sandwiches were excellent and their pastries outstanding.

We highly recommend Schmidt's Pastry Cottage in South Jordan to anyone.

• Visited May 2013