As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are indeed small -- a room that sleeps 4, for instance, does not even have room for a luggage rack and finding space for the ironing board to unfold is a Rubik's Cube challenge. If you plan on putting more than two people in a room (say, in a room with two double beds), prepare to get to know each other intimately. Soundproofing of the rooms is inconsistent. The walls in my room were scratched from people trying to squeeze their luggage inside the room.
I usually scoff at people who give negative reviews regarding continental breakfasts, but for this property, I make an exception to that. I stayed here for two nights. The continental breakfast supplies were not resupplied the second night. On the first morning of my stay, I managed to snag the last half-pint of milk available, long before the breakfast time was up. Instructions for a waffle iron are posted, but there is no waffle iron. The only food available the second morning were a few yogurt cups and wrapped danishes.
My father, who was staying in an adjacent room which had drainage issues, said that the manager told him that their kitchen is being renovated, but there was really no evidence that was actually the case and the other reviews on here bring that assertion into question.
Frankly, I suspect the manager is cutting corners to maximize profit.
Although I unfortunately did not see the child in the lobby as mentioned in other reviews, I was greeted by a surly teenager at the front desk who did not appreciate being distracted from her iPod when I inquired about the breakfast offerings on the second morning.
In short, you can tolerate this property, but there's no reason to. You will be paying for what is essentially an overpriced Econo Lodge. There are other hotels in the area where you will get much more bang-for-the-buck. As someone who has stayed at brand properties in the Choice Hotels chains almost exclusively over the past couple of decades, I would neither return to this hotel nor recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sleep Inn of South Jordan/ Sandy conveniently located in the South Salt Lake area, at 10600 South and near the South Towne Mall, the South Towne Expo Center, and the Rio Tinto Stadium. This South Jordan hotel offers the ideal location for skiers visiting the Salt Lake City area. It is centrally located between Salt Lake City International Airport and local ski resorts, including Alta Ski Area, Brighton Ski Resort, Solitude and Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sleep Inn South Jordan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn South Jordan Hotel South Jordan
- South Jordan Sleep Inn
- Sleep Inn South Jordan Utah