“Not what we expected from a CHOICE motel!!!!!!!”

Sleep Inn South Jordan
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in South Jordan
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This motel was recommended to us by someone who obviously has not stayed there...only driven by it. It looks decent from the outside but not very clean on the inside!!!
Room was small, bed was uncomfortable, there were stains on the carpet, blanket, comforter & chair. Everything felt dirty including the carpet. I had to go buy some clorox wipes to do my own cleaning as this was an extended stay & didn't want to deal with the uncleanliness. Sink drain was somewhat clogged-very slow...funny odor in the room...filthy air vent/ac. Room was very small & heard alot of exterior noise.
Came back to our NON-smoking room one night & our room had a smokey smell like someone had been in there smoking...nothing was missing but we had left the "do not disturb" sign on the outside of our door the whole time.
The breakfast bar was nothing to brag about...have had alot better/fresher food at other motels. Pool area didn't look very clean either.
Staff was fairly polite but not overly friendly.
It does seem to be in a good/safe area (except for the noise from trains going by) & a Denny's right next door.
Won't be staying there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn South Jordan for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, friendly manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Maintenance was informed of the slow acting drain in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed repair.

• Management was informed of your impression of someone having been in your room while you were away.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sleep Inn South Jordan. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly, pleased.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn South Jordan

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have to admit that I only stayed at this hotel to fulfill the recent "stay two nights, get a $50 gift card" deal on choicehotels.com. That said, I expected more from my stay at the Sleep Inn and was disappointed. My father and I had stayed at the Sleep Inn in Rapid City, SD the night before and loved the experience. However, our experience at the property was much different. The service desk was a less friendly than what we had experienced in SD, the room was much smaller and darkly lit, and the air conditioner wasn't functioning properly. The noise from the occasional freight train was annoying, as another reviewer had commented and the continental breakfast was disappointing. The total price of our stay was 70 dollars, but if it weren't for the $50 gift card I got out of it, I don't know if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
sleepinnsouthsouthjo, Webmaster at Sleep Inn South Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn South Jordan for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our offer of a $50.00 gift certificate.

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of the A/C not functioning properly and was instructed to see to the necessary repair or replacement.

• Management was approached about the possibility of the lighting in the room assigned to you being improved.

I look forward to your next stay with us, we take our reviews very seriously and I think you will be very pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel is the worst. My car was broken into and when I talked to the front desk about it they were not helpful in anyway. They gave a lot of attitude and when asked to speech to manager he was not available. I left number for manager to call but still to this day have never heard anything for them. I even called up there when they said the manager would be in, but for some reason still not available. The hotel has cameras but they don't work and haven't for awhile, but they don't tell you that when you check in.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1littlemiss
sleepinnsouthsouthjo, Webmaster at Sleep Inn South Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn South Jordan for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry about your car being broken into.

• Desk staff and management received additional training in the courteous, helpful way in which you, our valued guest are to be treated.

• Management was approached about having the cameras in working condition in order to help to prevent cars from being broken into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sleep Inn South Jordan. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Convenient to Neumont University. Beds are comfortable, staff friendly.
It's not fancy but it's clean and comfortable.
No elevator to 2nd floor unfortunately.
Check out Zupa's on 10680 South Riverfront Parkway nearby for excellent soup/salad/sandwich. Also there's a mall across I15 with lots of good restaurants around.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wizgidget
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I stayed one night passing through Salt Lake City. Sleep Inn is a mid scale property with a shower no tub normally, which was exactly what I booked. The best breakfast staff I ever experienced with attention to detail. I was on the ground floor near the breakfast area and it was fine. The freight train ran five times between 9:30 PM and when I checked out at 7:30 AM. I'm a light sleeper and the whistle did wake me up.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This hotel is located between I-15 and a railroad track and is surprisingly quiet. The biggest source of noise (and the biggest disadvantage) for this hotel is the wall mount unit used for heat/air conditioning. The wall mount does not work on a thermostat and so runs constantly unless you turn it off. I stayed here 4 nights and didn't want the noise of the fan, so I got the room pretty warm, turned the fan off and used an extra blanket (which they happily provided for me). I could hear the train rumbling a few times but was never awakened by the train or the traffic on I-15. My room was on the I-15 side.

My room (202) was clean and the furnishings were nicer than more expensive places that I've stayed in. The towels were the softest I've ever had in a place of this price range.
The small fridge wasn't super cold and wouldn't freeze anything in the freezer portion but was adequate for refrigeration. The microwave worked well as did everything else in the room.

The cleaning staff did a better job than many places I've spent multiple nights in.

You do have to walk outside to get to the pool but I didn't find this a problem even in the cold January weather. The hot tub was out of order the first night I was there but the maintenance personnel were working on it and had it up and running for the remainder of my stay. The hotel didn't have a lot of traffic so I had to pool to myself every night I was there, which was awesome! It's a fairly good size pool and hot tub.

Breakfast is simple. A waffle maker, toast, bagels, boiled eggs, apples, oranges and juices.
There is a Denny's right next door. There are only two very small tables to sit at in the breakfast area so going back to your room might be the best option if it's busy. The water in the hotel tastes terrible.

Someone else posted frustration with getting to this hotel from I-15 which has an easy fix. There is an island that prevents you from being able to access the Frontage road (300 West) from 10600 South when travelling west. The solution is to go past Frontage road to the next light (one block further west). Turn left and then follow the signs to the Super 8 Hotel, which is next door. Really pretty easy.

I was in town for business and stayed 4 nights. I am still amazed and delighted by the price and quality of the Sleep Inn and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Second story rooms don't get as much use so if you can handle stairs (no elevator) ask for a sec...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aquaticqueen51
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was just passing by in Utah and i saw there sign for $54. and had to stay and when i got in to check the price it was really $51!!!! WOW even better i said!!! they have a pool and it was nice you do have to go out side to go back in the pool but it was no biggy!! Loved the Guy that checked us in he was really funny and gave us some good ideas to go eat!! i forget hes name but i know he has red hair. the other kid in the morning did not really talk to us and was on hes cell phone all the time so that sucked!!! but i guess you cant have good serives all the time. Room was very clean and nice and when im back in Utah i will be back at the Sleep Inn!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Jordan
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT

Been to Sleep Inn South Jordan? Share your experiences!