“Good price and pleasant staff but the freight train was annoying”

Sleep Inn South Jordan
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in South Jordan
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Good price and pleasant staff but the freight train was annoying”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I stayed one night passing through Salt Lake City. Sleep Inn is a mid scale property with a shower no tub normally, which was exactly what I booked. The best breakfast staff I ever experienced with attention to detail. I was on the ground floor near the breakfast area and it was fine. The freight train ran five times between 9:30 PM and when I checked out at 7:30 AM. I'm a light sleeper and the whistle did wake me up.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Springville, Utah
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This hotel is located between I-15 and a railroad track and is surprisingly quiet. The biggest source of noise (and the biggest disadvantage) for this hotel is the wall mount unit used for heat/air conditioning. The wall mount does not work on a thermostat and so runs constantly unless you turn it off. I stayed here 4 nights and didn't want the noise of the fan, so I got the room pretty warm, turned the fan off and used an extra blanket (which they happily provided for me). I could hear the train rumbling a few times but was never awakened by the train or the traffic on I-15. My room was on the I-15 side.

My room (202) was clean and the furnishings were nicer than more expensive places that I've stayed in. The towels were the softest I've ever had in a place of this price range.
The small fridge wasn't super cold and wouldn't freeze anything in the freezer portion but was adequate for refrigeration. The microwave worked well as did everything else in the room.

The cleaning staff did a better job than many places I've spent multiple nights in.

You do have to walk outside to get to the pool but I didn't find this a problem even in the cold January weather. The hot tub was out of order the first night I was there but the maintenance personnel were working on it and had it up and running for the remainder of my stay. The hotel didn't have a lot of traffic so I had to pool to myself every night I was there, which was awesome! It's a fairly good size pool and hot tub.

Breakfast is simple. A waffle maker, toast, bagels, boiled eggs, apples, oranges and juices.
There is a Denny's right next door. There are only two very small tables to sit at in the breakfast area so going back to your room might be the best option if it's busy. The water in the hotel tastes terrible.

Someone else posted frustration with getting to this hotel from I-15 which has an easy fix. There is an island that prevents you from being able to access the Frontage road (300 West) from 10600 South when travelling west. The solution is to go past Frontage road to the next light (one block further west). Turn left and then follow the signs to the Super 8 Hotel, which is next door. Really pretty easy.

I was in town for business and stayed 4 nights. I am still amazed and delighted by the price and quality of the Sleep Inn and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Second story rooms don't get as much use so if you can handle stairs (no elevator) ask for a sec...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aquaticqueen51
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was just passing by in Utah and i saw there sign for $54. and had to stay and when i got in to check the price it was really $51!!!! WOW even better i said!!! they have a pool and it was nice you do have to go out side to go back in the pool but it was no biggy!! Loved the Guy that checked us in he was really funny and gave us some good ideas to go eat!! i forget hes name but i know he has red hair. the other kid in the morning did not really talk to us and was on hes cell phone all the time so that sucked!!! but i guess you cant have good serives all the time. Room was very clean and nice and when im back in Utah i will be back at the Sleep Inn!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Layton, Utah
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I only paid $52 on a Friday night. The hotel is right off the freeway, but with the fan on in my room I did not notice any outside noise (except a barely dectable train rumbling). My room included a refrigerator and microwave. The property has a nice pool and hot tub, which was clean. There is a computer to use in the lobby. WiFi was free and worked well. Room had flat screen TV and the heat/AC worked well. There are a lot of restaurant options within close driving distance, as well as the Jordan River Parkway walking trail.

I left too early to sample the breakfast. The front desk people were very friendly. I would stay here again for the price!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Fishing Creek, Maryland
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I've had several overnights in Salt Lake, and usually I'm at a place closer to the airport, but this time I found myself at the Sleep Inn in South Jordan. It's way the heck out there, although if you have a car, it's not too far from the city.

The hotel is definitely one of the older Sleep Inns. It's much more like a motel than a hotel (as the older ones tend to be). The property was clean and had a safe feel to it. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed wasn't big, the comforter had a big hole in it, but otherwise, it was reasonably clean (had that kind of feel that it may be slightly less than perfectly clean, though--but no overt dirtiness). The air in the room wasn't great.

All in all, this place will set you back as much as a fleabag motel (once I looked online and saw what it costs, because I wasn't footing the bill), and it's far superior to that, so if you want rock-bottom prices and a decent place to sleep, it's acceptable. However, I usually love Sleep Inns for a quick in-and-out kind of place, and this one kind of lagged behind the rest.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
sleepinnsouthsouthjo, Webmaster at Sleep Inn South Jordan, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn South Jordan for your recent stay in our area. I appreciate your telling me that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I would have expected nothing less, but it is always nice to hear.

• Staff received our commendation for the courteous, helpful, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sleep Inn South Jordan. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
Asia
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel is squreezed between a railroad track to the rear, and noisey I-15 to the front. So, go figure....but the price is nice at 50/night. If you like a quite sleep...I would recommend staying at a hotel not located so close to the highway. Also, it's a bit difficult to get to this hotel - it's located on a Frontage Road (hmmm). You got to make a U-turn at the light to get to the road. Rooms average and clean, parking out front is free, and breakfast is just good. Overall, ok.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Temple Hills, Maryland
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Good location, decent room, decent breakfast, good front desk. The room could use a little deep cleaning and repairs (hole in bathroom door, like someone punched it). The beds were not the greatest and I have had better breakfasts. There is a train that goes through once or twice in the morning that might disturb some, It never bothered me as I was already up. Worth the stay for the price, really not as bad as some make it to be.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Jordan
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT
Holiday Inn - South Jordan - SLC South

Been to Sleep Inn South Jordan? Share your experiences!