“Not the best Sleep Inn I've ever stayed in, but maybe the cheapest!”

Sleep Inn South Jordan
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in South Jordan
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I've had several overnights in Salt Lake, and usually I'm at a place closer to the airport, but this time I found myself at the Sleep Inn in South Jordan. It's way the heck out there, although if you have a car, it's not too far from the city.

The hotel is definitely one of the older Sleep Inns. It's much more like a motel than a hotel (as the older ones tend to be). The property was clean and had a safe feel to it. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed wasn't big, the comforter had a big hole in it, but otherwise, it was reasonably clean (had that kind of feel that it may be slightly less than perfectly clean, though--but no overt dirtiness). The air in the room wasn't great.

All in all, this place will set you back as much as a fleabag motel (once I looked online and saw what it costs, because I wasn't footing the bill), and it's far superior to that, so if you want rock-bottom prices and a decent place to sleep, it's acceptable. However, I usually love Sleep Inns for a quick in-and-out kind of place, and this one kind of lagged behind the rest.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
sleepinnsouthsouthjo, Webmaster at Sleep Inn South Jordan, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn South Jordan for your recent stay in our area. I appreciate your telling me that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I would have expected nothing less, but it is always nice to hear.

• Staff received our commendation for the courteous, helpful, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sleep Inn South Jordan. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel is squreezed between a railroad track to the rear, and noisey I-15 to the front. So, go figure....but the price is nice at 50/night. If you like a quite sleep...I would recommend staying at a hotel not located so close to the highway. Also, it's a bit difficult to get to this hotel - it's located on a Frontage Road (hmmm). You got to make a U-turn at the light to get to the road. Rooms average and clean, parking out front is free, and breakfast is just good. Overall, ok.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Good location, decent room, decent breakfast, good front desk. The room could use a little deep cleaning and repairs (hole in bathroom door, like someone punched it). The beds were not the greatest and I have had better breakfasts. There is a train that goes through once or twice in the morning that might disturb some, It never bothered me as I was already up. Worth the stay for the price, really not as bad as some make it to be.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were passing through Utah on our way to Seattle, WA., this was our one stop for the night. When we first booked, the room was clean, acceptable. On our way back from Seattle, we booked again, having had a good experience; when we got there, the room was filthy, smelled of smoke and bodily fluids (room 130) and all the clerk said was, we will report it.

Room Tip: Check the room first.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn South Jordan for your recent stays in our area.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Management was approached about the difference in housekeeping/cleanliness levels during our two stays.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sleep Inn South Jordan. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My son and I stayed one night in a room with two double beds. The room was a little small, as was the bathroom (shower only). Nice and clean. There was a big selection of TV channels and the wifi worked without a hitch. Good water pressure in the shower with adjustable spray. Breakfast was above average as hotel breakfasts go. Walls seemed a little thin. For $55 this was a good deal and I would go back.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here during a road trip. It was an unplanned stop but it turned out great. What a deal with Indoor pool and hot tub as well a free breakfast! The mountain view was pretty too. We ventured up the street to the mall and some restaurants. Very upscale and nice.

My only complaint was that I wish they had bathtubs in their bathrooms. Otherwise, it was a great stay. I recommend this place for a clean, affordable stay.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Booked here based on the reviews, maybe we got a room that no one else stayed in? At least it felt that way! 1st these rooms are super small, I personally like something with a bit more room so hubby and me are not constantly being in each others way.
The bedding...gross, a sheet and super thin blanket that just appeared very old. Thank God I had a blanket in our car from home.
The bathroom is less than desirable, every time we flushed the toilet sounded like it was going to come off the wall, a old, disgusting plunger was in the corner of the small bathroom. Old wooden sliding door to close for bathroom, there was a hole in it on one side where it appeared someone had punched it.
We were on the 1st floor and what looked like part of an old broomstick was in the window to prevent someone from breaking in I guess as the window had no type of secure lock.
Will never stay again, you get what you pay for at $64.99 a night, they advertise on their sign $54.99 a night, I'd hate to see what those rooms look like!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kitteakat

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn South Jordan for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was notified of the broomstick used to keep the window secured against being broken into, the problem you experienced with the toilet and the hole punched in the bathroom door. They were instructed to see to any necessary repairs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Jordan
#4 of 6 in Draper
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#23 of 77 in Salt Lake City

Been to Sleep Inn South Jordan? Share your experiences!