“Favorite Mountain” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Snowbird
Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort
You added Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Snowbird
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Favorite Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was born and grew up in Utah, exploring the many ski resorts this great state has to offer. I was also on a ski racing team in Washington state in college where I was able to explore many resorts in the PNW. I've skied many places in the US and Canada, and Snowbird is my very favorite.

I ski about 70 days a year at this resort. There's a little bit of everything terrain wise, but it's not necessarily a very beginner-friendly mountain. Beginners should check out Deer Valley or Park City for mellower terrain.

I love the Tram for the fastest access on powder days, and there are so many nooks and crannies to escape the crowds on busy days. The resort is big enough that you can always explore new terrain on skis or a snowboard. Families will love Gad Zoom and Wilbere as well as the big Mineral Basin bowl which gets great morning sunlight.

For powder, steeps, varied terrain Snowbird is truly a gem.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view up high! They often place you on a lower level facing the road, and you def...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
portsmouth, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Answer--- Snowbird Ariel Tram ride!! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful views of the mountain on all sides! Breezy evening at Hidden Peak was worth the trip up to 11,000 feet!! Highly recommend if you are into viewing the surrounding areas. Only disappointment is that essentially all the shops closed up at 6 so we were unable to do any shopping for gifts.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I attended a two-day conference at Snowbird and was very impressed with the venue (although a bit cold in the conference rooms), the food, the scenery, the staff, and the location. If I were responsible for creating a conference, I would definitely hold a conference at Snowbird. I asked a staff member for directions and he not only answered my questions, he took me where I was going. Other members of staff on the property were equally solicitous of my needs. The food for a large banquet can be tricky; all of our food was excellent, pretty, and cooked correctly. The windows make looking outside, when one has to be inside, a joy. The sound systems all worked, as far as I could tell. The women's bathrooms were clean and lovely and spacious. Try it out!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family and I recently came back from a week in Utah which started at Snowbird. I am not a skier, though my husband is, and my three boys -- aged 11 and 9 (twins) -- had never skied before. We made an excellent choice by going to Snowbird. The ski school was great and the kids were shooshing down the slopes in no time. The accomodations were really nice -- a loft space with two bathrooms -- and most of all the staff was beyond helpful. Definitely, definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great skiing and a beautiful resort. My kids had two great days at ski school but the third day was not very good. The first two days the kids were well placed in their groups and had great instructors. On the third day there were not very many kids in the black levels so they combined the groups. My older son who is a very advanced skier spent his morning on groomed runs because other kids in the group didn't want to ski trees or moguls. Two days earlier he spent his whole day doing that plus some easier cliff jumping. My advice is ask a lot of questions and don't leave the ski area until you are comfortable you know where your kids are being placed. We would have been better off pulling our kids from class and putting them in on a busier day when they had more skiers to maybe match abilities as they had on prior days.

Also, be sure to ask the instructor for the progress report that they are suppose to fill out about how your child is progressing in their skills.

The ski school manager offered to let my son take the class again on Saturday for half price which i thought was reasonable. That turned into a fiasco. Somehow the mountain school stafff calculates half price as $100. Well I paid $130 as part of my package through snowbird and the posted rate is $155. The explained that is simply the half price discount rate which is ridiculous.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Rimrock, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Where else can you take a lift track through a cave? Or take an enormous gondola that's so big they had to bring in the Swiss to build it? Snowbird WILL blow your mind! And is my personal favorite!Snowbird is a wonderland of varried terrain and amazing pockets of isolated powder valleys and shutes. If you go to Snowbird you MUST ride the Mineral Basin!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at the resort as part of a conference. The rooms are large and very comfortable but what striked me most was the beautiful view of the mountains with snow all around. The spa is the perfect place to get luxury spoiling treatments. The cliff offers 2 restaurants and we enjoyed the mexican food very much.

Room Tip: top floors with mountain view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Dr_Iris_B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowbird
Montage Deer Valley
The Inn at Snowbird
The Inn at Snowbird
#1 of 2 in Snowbird
4.0 of 5 stars 55 reviews

Been to Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort? Share your experiences!