“A mixed bag of good and bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Steak Pit

The Steak Pit
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Snowbird
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Charlottesville, Virginia
“A mixed bag of good and bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I'll start this off on a good note. The food at the Steak Pit was really good. Expensive, but good. My ribeye was one of the best I've ever had. My wife's filet was also very good. They were both cooked perfectly. Our salads, a DIY affair, were also very good, as was the bread and the side orders. Things begin to unravel after that. First, the location. Wander around the locker area of the Snowbird Center long enough and you'll find the place. Not a bad thing, but weird. The beer selection was limited. I like craft beers and many other places at Snowbird had a better selection and our server almost seemed put out by having to serve me a beer instead of a glass of wine. As to the server, he seemed quite aloof at first, then got friendly and didn't want to shut up to the point of being annoying. Bottom line: the Steak Pit has put some of the pieces of the puzzle together but they're still missing a few and need to to get it together to be top notch.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ricochet_Rabbit_11

Birmingham, Alabama
“Steak wonderfully cooked to order”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Our waiter was not only knowledgeable about the food, but the mountain as well. He shared his knowledge of runs that only the locals know. The steaks were came grilled to perfection and were nicely accompanied by sides. Although on property, this restaurant was no more expensive than any similar high-end steak restaurant elsewhere. Very good and a great late night after ski destination

Visited March 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“not a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

we ate their at the end of February. I would say only eat here if you are sick of going to Aerie and Shallow Shaft, as those are the best places in the area. My wife had a 'mediocre' pork chop and I had a 44$ steak, that was good but damn, this place is not worth it. On top of that, our waiter was so rude it was riduculous. I left him about a 12% tip and noticed that he had added on another 10$ to the tip after we left. saw it on my credit card. F** unreal. I would call and fight it but it's not worth wasting another second on this place.

• Visited February 2014
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“A Carnivore's Haven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I admit that my recollection of an earlier visit 5-6 years ago conflicted with the poor reviews; yet, memory served my sons and I quite well indeed. We had friendly competent service by Michael who offered informed choices to our queries and was attentive in his manner.
I had perfectly done tenderloin, sons had sirloin and ribeye also done to order. Prices include very generous mixed salad and large portion sides; therefore, high value. My tenderloin was among top 10 in my 64 years of dining. Paired with Francis Coppola Zinfandel! Mud pie desert very good finish.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Robert S
San Francisco, California
“Awful. Seriously bad!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The worst service I have had in years. Over priced, food from the 40's. The server, Crystal, spilt 2 drinks on my friend & said, "I don't know what to do", then walked away without doing anything. We got a towel and clean the table ourselves & payed for the overly priced, spilt martini.

The food was over cooked & saturated in butter. Gross! Thanks for ripping us off Snowbird. Appreciated!

Stick to what you know, good skiing, obviously not restaurants.

• Visited December 2013