Review Highlights
Summer family Event for Workday

Reviewed September 17, 2018
Jade B
Second best time to visit Snowbird

Reviewed September 16, 2018
Steven T
via mobile

All reviews mineral basin mountain coaster tram ride cottonwood canyon advanced skiers great snow salt lake big mountain black runs spring skiing ski lift skiing experience ski season park city zip line snowbird center oktoberfest
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I am the Workplace Coordinator for our SLC office, we wanted to throw a big summer event for employees and their families to come out. Because the size of our group (about 500) Simon (employee at Snowbird) agreed to have us on a day that was closed to the rest of the public. The event has been reviewed by so many employees and they are all SO happy with the event in all. That is a hard thing to do, and I am so thrilled with how everything turned out.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

A fall visit to Snowbird and Little Cottonwood Canyon is a must for all, especially if you are from Utah, love mountains or just need to find out what everyone is talking about. Oktoberfest starts on Labor Day weekend, leaves start to change, the air is crisp and cool and crowds are much diminished especially during the week. My advice is to come up during the week, take the tram, hike over to Baldy, and just enjoy the views.

If you arrive on the Big Mountain bike trail before 11am, you can bike up it to the top or as far as you want to go. But downhill traffic only after 11am and no hikers on much of that trail. But there are several other hikes in the area to enjoy.

My son just ran the Cirque Series up Snowbird. After the race started, we had tons of fun visiting the vendors, going on a short hike, then watching the racers sprint to the finish line. Can you believe the fastest time up Baldy, then back down was 1 hour 21 mins?

All in all, Snowbird is so much fun. And I didn’t even mention all the other summer activities you can do that are listed on their website. A true gem of a place.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We went on a weekend in August for Oktoberfest and the summer activities. We got the day activities pass which included the tram to the summit, the mountain coaster, alpine slide and others. The lines were long for the rides, but they were lots of fun. The atmosphere was festive, the food and brews were delicious. There were a lot of good vendors on site, and it was fun to listen to the polka music. My only regret is that we ran out of time. Definitely a recommended stop in your travels!

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Another day trip on our 7 day adventure in Park City Utah.
we were lucky to have been here for the Otoberfest many great brews and food.
Snowbird is beautiful in the summer.
Spent some time up on the Hidden Peak (11,000 ) hiking and stopped in for some food and brew.
We had the option of coming back on the (PERVIAN CHARLIFT) it was interchangable... nice option.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Saw some interesting things on the website, so we decided to go. I'm sure this is a fantastic winter ski resort, but in the summer, the cost is prohibitive as the things to do are few. The cost was $20 per item or $50 for all. Thought we'd do enough, so we bought the $50 tickets (x 4 people).

The gondola to the top was a nice trip but not worth $20. I've been on others for less money and enjoyed the ride as much.

The coster ride was definitely NOT worth $20. Probably more like a $5 ride.

Alpine Slide, Peruvian Lift, Verticle Drop ----- CLOSED

The WreckTangle is a American Ninja type event (not for the non-athletic) and a 1/3 of the thing was deflated and couldn't be used. (another $20 item).

The rest was for kids, but still not worth the money being asked.

They should reconsider their pricing as $50 is way too much for the return. I've paid slightly more for an entire day at an amusement park with lots more to do.

Seems like a money grab in the summer to help pay for fix up and ready time for the winter ski time.

NOT RECOMMENDED

Reviewed August 14, 2018

If you don't know about the 1 Star, go check it out. Been riding for 20 years, this was the most challenging mountain I've ridden. A must go.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

This review is for the summer activities at Snowbird. Approximately 30 minutes from our home in East Millcreek, Snowbird has a myriad of activities available during the summer. Evidently, the word is out, because there were a ton of people at the resort on this Sunday at the end of July. Families and kids made up the majority of the people, because Snowbird is intent on providing a great deal of fun for children of all ages.
We are on the older side of childhood, and thus went to listen to a band, have some drinks on the patio, and take the tram to the top of Mt. Baldy. (That name upsets me due to the lack of hair on my head)
Everything we did was fun. I loved hiking around the top of the mountain. The views are amazing, and since I don't ski, this is my only opportunity to experience this lofty activity.

I had a fabulous time, and the elevation must do something to the usually reserved people of Utah. Everyone was friendly, talkative and engaging. Down in Salt Lake, there seem to be a ton of requirements necessary for people to act warm; religious affiliation, social status, age, nativism, having kids, etc. On top of the mountain, these validations disappeared, replaced by humanity. Bravo! People were great. Thanks. It felt normal, and I didn't want to leave the mountain. Alas, we had to come down to the often icy cold interaction of Salt Lake City. I gotta get up into the mountains more often.

1  Thank enofile1
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Take your out of state visitors to Hidden Peak on the tram and they'll be blown away by the view - you may be impressed too! We hiked down last time for a change and enjoyed that too, but it took a bit longer than when on skis! Over five miles of downhill trails began to take a toll on our knees and legs too. Yes, the attraction is the view of Snowbird, Alta, Mineral Basin and the Salt Lake and Utah valleys, not the restaurant.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We were a little disappointed that, when we got to the top of the mountain, there was not really much going on. We went in mid-June and it is worth noting that there was not yet any real sign of the profusion of spring flowers.

Note that the price for ‘1 Ride’ actually relates to a RETURN (up and down) journey. If we had not asked we would not have gone as we considered USD 40 too much for going up and down.

The signage of how to get to the start of the walks could easily be improved as it is not at all obvious.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Staff is excellent and professional. All venues we used were set up neatly and promptly. Staff made an effort to make guests feel like they’re at home and always have smiles on their face.

EXCELLENT for hosting a conference, yet a great place for family getaways as well.

10/10 would recommend booking a trip to Snowbird.