It's is Ocktoberfest at Snowbird so the all day activity pass is $36.00. We had a great time riding the alpine slide, mechanical bull, and ziprider. The only problem is that it is only open on the weekends and it quite crowded. We waited in line for the alpine slide for average of 45 minutes each ride.
The hotel itself is above average and the spa rooms on the 9th floor are very comfy. We had a nice view of the mountain and they always kept our room very clean. The spa itself is nice also and the rooftop pool is delightful. The yoga and pilates teachers were great!
The only thing we didn't like about our stay is the food options. We booked the Mountain Escape package offered through the hotel website and it says that it has daily breakfast. If you read through the find print it only includes one breakfast for the duration of your stay. I thought that was very tricky. We love mexican food and went to the mexican restaurant on the property named El Chanate. The first time that we went there we were first in for lunch and once they brought our food they never checked back to see what else we needed or to refill our drinks.
The second time we went for dinner and the restaurant was moderately busy. The waitress never once smiled or checked back on us. We split a large platter of carnitas and rice and beans and told her we were splitting the plate. She never brought me a plate to eat off of and I ate my dinner off of the tortilla wrapper. When she brought the check she picked up my husband's plate and I said please take my plate (referring to the tortilla wrapper) and she just picked it up like she was clueless to my absent plate reference. The food was very good but the service stinks!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a comfortable mountain setting, The Cliff Lodge and Spa has 514 accommodation options, three restaurants, two lounges, two swimming pools, four hot tubs, extensive meeting space and Snowbird’s only ski-out, ski-in accessibility. The Cliff Lodge is the flagship of the four lodging properties at the resort. Guests of the Cliff Lodge don’t have to worry about toting their gear back to their room as each room and unit is assigned a convenient indoor locker. Lockers includes boot dryers, shelves and plenty of space for your skis and snowboard. Camp Snowbird is the resort’s comprehensive, state-licensed daycare facility with an on-premises kitchen and nursery for infants 6 weeks and older. Camp Snowbird offers a seamless integration with the resort’s renowned Mountain School to smoothly incorporate lessons on the nearby Chickadee Run and throughout the mountain with customary daycare offerings such as games, movies, arts and crafts and naps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your The Cliff Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Lodge And Spa
- The Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- Cliff Lodge Utah
- Snowbird Cliff Lodge
- Cliff Lodge Snowbird Utah
- The Cliff Lodge & Spa Snowbird, Utah