The company that I work for is going to host an event at Snowbird.
So Snowbird held a raffle and I won a free night's stay.
So, this review is not going to contain much information about room rates and reservations.
But I would stay here even if I had to pay. The Cliff Lodge is located in one of the most beautiful places in the world; Little Cottonwood Canyon.
You could spend less money and stay down in the Salt Lake Valley or at the Iron Blosam or another property. But if you are going to spend the money to stay at the resort, this would be a good place.
There are a couple minor details that I did not like. The bathroom didn't have a fan. When we were there, there were a couple of wedding receptions that had noisy guests. And if you are from out of state, you will not like our goofy liquor laws. We stayed there during the summer, but if you are visiting in the winter with a parka, snowpants and a lot of other gear; there may not be a lot of closet space.
But these are minor problems, compared to the overall high quality of this resort. The public areas have oriental rugs and all kinds of fine art. The pool area had 3 hot tubs and I think there's another one in the spa area that I did not visit. Those hot tubs will come in handy to heal your shredded quads after a day on the slopes. The bathroom had a window with a curtain so you could see from the bathroom into the bedroom and vice versa. It was a little strange, but it made the room look bigger. The beds were very comfortable.
Of course, because our room was free, we had to pay for our own meals. I thought that the breakfast buffet was a good deal considering that you are paying for the view. But you can get the same food at the Steak Pit serves for about 1/3rd the price in downtown SLC or elsewhere in the valley.
During the summer, Snowbird has activities like an alpine slide, a zip line and a bouncy house. I thought these things were fun, but a bit expensive.
The next time I'm here during the summer, I'm taking the Peruvian Lift up to the top, not the Tram. The Tram lets you off above the tree line & it's a bit barren up there. From the top of the Peruvian lift, there appeared to be more trees and you could take the tunnel over to Mineral Basin for horseback & ATV riding.
At Snowbird, Oktoberfest with its live music & yummy beer has to start in August because in October, there may be enough snow to ski on.
You could not go mountain bike riding due to construction, but I just rode up to Alta & got a good workout.
So to sum up; if you're a skier or snowboarder; you know to Go Big Or Don't Go. Once, at least, spend some money (even if I didn't) and stay at the Cliff Lodge at least once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a comfortable mountain setting, The Cliff Lodge and Spa has 514 accommodation options, three restaurants, two lounges, two swimming pools, four hot tubs, extensive meeting space and Snowbird’s only ski-out, ski-in accessibility. The Cliff Lodge is the flagship of the four lodging properties at the resort. Guests of the Cliff Lodge don’t have to worry about toting their gear back to their room as each room and unit is assigned a convenient indoor locker. Lockers includes boot dryers, shelves and plenty of space for your skis and snowboard. Camp Snowbird is the resort’s comprehensive, state-licensed daycare facility with an on-premises kitchen and nursery for infants 6 weeks and older. Camp Snowbird offers a seamless integration with the resort’s renowned Mountain School to smoothly incorporate lessons on the nearby Chickadee Run and throughout the mountain with customary daycare offerings such as games, movies, arts and crafts and naps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your The Cliff Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- The Cliff Lodge And Spa
- Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- Cliff Lodge Utah
- Snowbird Cliff Lodge
- Cliff Lodge Snowbird Utah
- The Cliff Lodge & Spa Snowbird, Utah