I was one of a group of 34 persons who traveled to Snowbird/Alta from CT to ski. Immediately prior to our arrival, they had 70" of snow in 4 days!!! Phenominal.
Cliff Lodge & Spa was a perfectly fine place to stay. The rooms are done in earth tones, feature a small fridge, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, room safe. Our double room had a leather sofa at one end of the room, a desk and also a table and a couple of chairs. The bathroom was roomy, had plenty of towels and toiletries.
A wonderful collection of oriental rugs is displayed on the walls throughout the hotel and there was an oriental rug on the floor in each of the rooms. The hotel itself is a huge concrete building that was obviously built to withstand potential avalanches. There are several meeting rooms and a couple of restaurants in the building. If you have children who are into this type of thing, there is a large game room with all sorts of electronic games and a pool table.
The building also houses a small store where you can purchase miscellaneous food items and souveniers, a gift shop that offers oriental jewelry and furnishings, and a large ski shop.
Adjacent to the ski shop, ski rental and repair section of Cliff (all within the building) is a huge locker area. Each room has its own ski locker featuring individual boot warmers which are turned on each night. The combination lock is yours to set as you choose. It's a great convenience to go down to your locker to put on your dry boots in the a.m., and then walk a few steps to the outdoors to put on your skis.
The restaurants, with the exception of the Mexican restaurant, were all expensive. It did help a little that we were offered coupon books for 50% off a second meal (after they added an 18% gratuity) for various restaurants both in the building and at the Snowbird Center just a short walk away. The Mexican restaurant (I think the name is Canante) was our favorite (great food), followed by the Steak Pit at Snowbird Center (huge salad bowl for the table comes with the meals). Aerie Restaurant at the top of the building had S L O O O W W W service and high prices. Their breakfast buffet on the Sunday morning was expensive and disappointing (they did not replenish several items). DON'T order from their ala carte menu if you go to the buffet. The rest of your table mates will have gone to the buffet stations twice before you get your meal. (That happened to us.) Room service is also available.
There is a fabulous spa at the top of the building with pool, hot tub, sauna, yoga, etc., etc., but there is a fee for this. Hot tubs and pool on the third floor are free. Large room with lots of exercise equipment. Don't know if fees were involved.
On a return trip to Snowbird, it's likely that we'll stay there again. However, it will be with the knowledge that meals are EXTREMELY expensive (except for the Mexican restaurant). We were able to stop at a grocery store en route to the mountain and we purchased breakfast and lunch items to prepare and eat in our rooms or on the mountain. If we had to pay for meals other than dinner, the week would have cost a fortune.
The fringes of the rooms needed a good vacuuming. Sheets were crisp and clean, though, and the beds were comfortable in spite of the fact that they were not made the same way on any of the days we were there. The bell hops were MOST helpful getting stuff to and from our rooms and also assisted loading busses and vans. The front desk staff had "blah" personalities but guest services personnel were great. They have computers to use at no charge.
Nightly activities (movies, lectures, food specials) are posted on pamphlets left out for the taking each day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a comfortable mountain setting, The Cliff Lodge and Spa has 514 accommodation options, three restaurants, two lounges, two swimming pools, four hot tubs, extensive meeting space and Snowbird’s only ski-out, ski-in accessibility. The Cliff Lodge is the flagship of the four lodging properties at the resort. Guests of the Cliff Lodge don’t have to worry about toting their gear back to their room as each room and unit is assigned a convenient indoor locker. Lockers includes boot dryers, shelves and plenty of space for your skis and snowboard. Camp Snowbird is the resort’s comprehensive, state-licensed daycare facility with an on-premises kitchen and nursery for infants 6 weeks and older. Camp Snowbird offers a seamless integration with the resort’s renowned Mountain School to smoothly incorporate lessons on the nearby Chickadee Run and throughout the mountain with customary daycare offerings such as games, movies, arts and crafts and naps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your The Cliff Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- The Cliff Lodge And Spa
- Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- Cliff Lodge Utah
- Snowbird Cliff Lodge
- Cliff Lodge Snowbird Utah
- The Cliff Lodge & Spa Snowbird, Utah