“Excellent location and helpfull staff, with poorly organized central reservations”

The Cliff Lodge & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Snowbird
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

It's been over 10 years since I have stayed there. I made reservations for my long time friends and I to spend a long ski weekend together. Despite giving all of our names and the second room being paid for by one of the other parties, my friends had an extremely hard time checking in since they arrived one day before me.
When I tried to check in, because my friends checked in the day before despite the fact I paid for my room beforehand the front desk could not find my reservation
There were other issues as well with our transportation arrangements made by central reservations that made it frustrating to us all
On the positive side, the restaurants are better now than w the past with both the food quality and variety at a high level
The spa treatments were good, but again there was some frustration in getting the type of treatment that was reserved when checking with front desk at the spa
In conclusion the hotel is still a great place to stay at and ski snowbird but the corporation needs to seriously look at the management so the day to day staff can be directed better and can not have to appologize for unnecessary inconsistancies

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We planned our wedding at Cliff Lodge. We had our rehearsal dinner down canyon and tried to return to the lodge when the canyon road was closed. We called to ask where to stay and they had no suggestions, and no affiliate hotels. This place has no friends. Where should I have our wedding tomorrow? I don't know, I'm sorry they said. I am so disappointed in the customer service I received. I can't believe they don't need the tourism. I will not be back to Utah.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Edarnofall
New York
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with friends over MLK weekend and were immediately disappointed when we checked in. To begin with, it took 45 minutes for the front desk to find our reservation and check us in. Even though we were sharing a room and had pre-paid all three nights, they required each of us to provide a credit/debit card which they charged with random amounts at different times throughout the weekend. When we asked about charges, no one at the front desk could provide us with any answers and basically told us it was a computer glitch. After wasting hours of precious ski time trying to resolve the matter, the front desk called our banks, had the charges removed and gave us a $100 dining credit.

The Lodge is a bit dated and not much to look at but the location is unbeatable.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great ski-on ski-off and ski shop on primises. Beautiful spa facility. Yoga classes were top notch. Excellent resaurant. Fantastic pool/hot tub. Service was superb. Only negative: wifi could use an upgrade.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DocRenee
Noosaville, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Cliff is a massive, lovely property and a great location to everything. All staff were 100% attentive and were always trying to assist with every different question or query from all members of our party of 4. The value for money was outstanding and the restaurant choices actually located within the property were excellent. Their Sushi Bar was outstanding and we loved the $3 margarita specials on Thursdays. the three big jacuzzi hot tubs and lap swimming pool were outstanding.
The only complaint of the whole stay was the room service coffee.Thanks to all the crew at The Cliff and also the Snowbird area.

Room Tip: We had booked a one bedroom executive room which easily could have slept 8 people. We had 4 in this...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Club59
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We last stayed over New Years 2013. Couldn't leave town so I booked 4 nights at the Cliff Lodge for fun. We had a "corner room" with a king bed, large pull out couch, microwave, mini fridge, table and chairs. It was HUGE compaired to the normal 2 queen accommodations. One wall was all windows facing the mountain. Beautiful! We have stayed at most of the lodges up here. To me- the Cliff Lodge is the most updated of the lodging options AT Snowbird. All of the on mountain lodging options up here are older but some are much more updated than others. I really like the convenience of being on the mountain. Right out the door was the chickadee lift (beginners) where I skied with my 3 year old. When he got frustrated or tired we went in for a short break. It made it so easy for me and him!! No long treks in ski boots and shuttles rides that are such a pain with 2 toddlers and all their equipment. Plenty of dining options within walking distance. Hot tubs were great. This resort also has a separate adult only pool and hot tub attached to the cliff spa. I have always experienced great service every time we have stayed at any of the lodges.
The air is always so dry but they will provide you with humidifiers for your room. The indoor ski lockers were cramped with the boards and skis. Overall it was perfect for us! Just remember that this is not more extravagant/luxurious like Deer Valley but the price and accommodations reflect that. However, to some people this might be pretty pricey for an older hotel. There are lots of hotel options in Salt Lake Valley. Just take into account that you will be driving up and down a canyon road in possibly snowy conditions. About 30 minutes each way in good weather. There is a new hotel right at the mouth of big cottonwood canyon, if the drive doesn't bother you.

FYI- My boys have been taking all day lessons at the Snowbird ski school for several years now. It is fantastic!! I have never had a bad experience with the Snowbird ski school- I cannot say that about all the ski schools we have tried!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank K M
atlantic beach, NY
Reviewed January 6, 2014

we travel a lot and have NEVER encountered a hotel that won't at least give a credit for a future stay when travel plans go awry due to a blizzard. we could not get a flight out of nyc on Saturday to SLC. it was impossible to get thru to delta for hours to try and re-sched a flight later that day and it turns out there were no flights for the entire day anyhow. there were no flights until Tuesday. BUT the cliff lodge would not give a credit for the pre-paid three nights so we could arrive on Tuesday and use the 3 nights at that time. yes, we did book thru orbitz, and yes we could have opted for travel insurance but unfortunately did not assuming that if we were going to cancel we would have known 24 hours before. we had until 12:01 am on sat morning to cancel and delta sent us an email cancelling the flight at 12:20 am...so we didn't rebook to leave on Tuesday due to the fact that the cliff lodge would not let us re-sched our 3 nights accordingly. it's just bad business to not try to accommodate customers who are being affected by flight cancellations! so obviously we will never stay at the cliff lodge again and will not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank mrsez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowbird
Hyatt Centric Park City
#3 of 60 in Park City
Lodge at Snowbird
Lodge at Snowbird
#1 of 2 in Snowbird

Been to The Cliff Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!