The Cliff Lodge & Spa
Silver Fork Lodge(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$110
Travelocity
$107
Hampton.com
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Cottonwood(Holladay)(Great Value!)
$157
$139
Residence Inn
$119
Hyatt.com
Hyatt Centric Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
$199
$127
$118
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village(Park City)(Great Value!)
$86
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooftop poolski lockersmexican placeaerie restauranttop floorhot tubsnowbird altael chanateski resortcottonwood canyonsteam roomyoga classesticket officebreakfast buffetrental shopski schoolsmall fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were there for a wedding that was held outdoors on the patio. It was a beautiful weekend. The grounds are beautiful there. The rooms are nice and large. It's a ski resort and has been around for quite awhile. I was happy that the rooms were in as good of shape as they are. The pillows and bed were very comfortable and our view was terrific! The staff was very helpful and kind. We asked for help finding a restaurant in SLC the following morning for breakfast before we visited Temple Square. They printed off three of the menus for me and also gave me printouts for directions. It was a good experience.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our mountain view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My family came up to enjoy a relaxing week. We got here the last weekend of Oktoberfest and it was packed. We went out to swim and sit in the hot tub and there was only one of the three hot tubs working. So you have a booked to capacity hotel with one working hot tub. The response I received from the front desk when I asked when they would be up and running? "Well, they have been down for five days now and we have nothing saying that they are going to get fixed". Thank you so much!

Then we wake up Monday morning to the pounding of hammers and drilling so loud it sounds like it is in the next room! So I call down to the front desk and they tell me that they have posted on the website that there would be construction. I asked if they would move us to the other side of the building and they said no. By now, mind you, all the Oktoberfest people have left and there is about 15 cars in the parking lot so the majority of the lodge is empty! But we can't move? I asked about moving again on Tuesday when the noise continued all day and they said pretty much the same thing just in a more rude, I don't care about your stay tone. WOW! For being in the hospitality business, they get an "no stars".

I don't know if they are nicer in the winter with the skiing guests. I sure do hope so. But you would think our money is as good as anyone else and they would want to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. It certainly hasn't been the case for us. I am ready to cut my trip short because of all this. They ought to be ashamed!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the East Wing of the lodge. It seems to be where all the amenities are.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank shemaje
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm giving an average as I think the Cliff Lodge needs a little update. Was there for a conference and have been there 5 times in 5 years. The people who work there are very nice and attentive to what you need. Room seemed to be cleaned quickly. It was hard to find a cup of coffee when you needed one. In room coffee maker, but there was no tea which was surprising. Internet connection was not good at all. Even cell phone wasn't that great, but you are in the middle of no where. It is absolutely beautiful there! If you are lucky you will see a Moose. I would recommend coming during daylight as the road is dark and has cliffs. Also, you must prepare yourself for altitude. Drink plenty of water before you get there and continue to do so you don't get major headache or throw up It is at about 8,000 feet. Pool and spa area looked really nice. I think the spa upstairs doesn't carry as much as it use to because of bad economy in US over last 5 years. Bed and pillows comfortable. Nothing fancy but nice.

Room Tip: Get a view room if possible mountain side to see gondola to 11,000 feet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Decent stay at the mountain lodge... A confusing layout, but it has all of the amenities... My didn't like was that no resteraunts opened before 7am... I'm an early riser... But the food was good & I would imagine if you were skiing, you can't get any closer. Nice folks & nice place

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you go to the hotel website and click on "contact us," there is no email option, nor is there a "feedback" form for taking complaints like this one. The only telephone number shown on that webpage is an external contractor for taking reservations, whose recorded information states not to bother them if we are trying to reach the hotel directly (unbelievably, it says that such information should be taken from the hotel website itself). The reservation contractors were snippy about being asked to waste their time looking up the hotel phone number instead of taking a reservation. When I finally got the reservations contractor to provide a phone number so that I could speak to Cliff lodge personnel, the person to whom I complained about the bad website clearly had never been trained how to take complaints; he failed to acknowledge the merit of the complaint and he offered no intention to fix the problem other than transferring my call to someone else. The second person wrote down my complaint, but also failed to acknowledge its merit. Cliff Lodge is a pretty nice place to go, but let's hope you don't need their help prior to your arrival.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo