My family came up to enjoy a relaxing week. We got here the last weekend of Oktoberfest and it was packed. We went out to swim and sit in the hot tub and there was only one of the three hot tubs working. So you have a booked to capacity hotel with one working hot tub. The response I received from the front desk when I asked when they would be up and running? "Well, they have been down for five days now and we have nothing saying that they are going to get fixed". Thank you so much!
Then we wake up Monday morning to the pounding of hammers and drilling so loud it sounds like it is in the next room! So I call down to the front desk and they tell me that they have posted on the website that there would be construction. I asked if they would move us to the other side of the building and they said no. By now, mind you, all the Oktoberfest people have left and there is about 15 cars in the parking lot so the majority of the lodge is empty! But we can't move? I asked about moving again on Tuesday when the noise continued all day and they said pretty much the same thing just in a more rude, I don't care about your stay tone. WOW! For being in the hospitality business, they get an "no stars".
I don't know if they are nicer in the winter with the skiing guests. I sure do hope so. But you would think our money is as good as anyone else and they would want to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. It certainly hasn't been the case for us. I am ready to cut my trip short because of all this. They ought to be ashamed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a comfortable mountain setting, The Cliff Lodge and Spa has 514 accommodation options, three restaurants, two lounges, two swimming pools, four hot tubs, extensive meeting space and Snowbird’s only ski-out, ski-in accessibility. The Cliff Lodge is the flagship of the four lodging properties at the resort. Guests of the Cliff Lodge don’t have to worry about toting their gear back to their room as each room and unit is assigned a convenient indoor locker. Lockers includes boot dryers, shelves and plenty of space for your skis and snowboard. Camp Snowbird is the resort’s comprehensive, state-licensed daycare facility with an on-premises kitchen and nursery for infants 6 weeks and older. Camp Snowbird offers a seamless integration with the resort’s renowned Mountain School to smoothly incorporate lessons on the nearby Chickadee Run and throughout the mountain with customary daycare offerings such as games, movies, arts and crafts and naps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Cliff Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Lodge And Spa
- The Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- Cliff Hotel Snowbird
- Cliff Lodge Utah
- Snowbird Cliff Lodge
- Cliff Lodge Snowbird Utah
- The Cliff Lodge & Spa Snowbird, Utah