“Wish the clam strips were better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 213 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Los Angeles, California
“Wish the clam strips were better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I really miss the clam strips I used to get every weekend in Palm Springs. I found McGrath's on the web so I've been twice and had the same thing both times: the clam strips.
They're thick and very heavily breaded. Despite preferring clam strips done with a little more delicacy and finesse, they're okay. The only real complaint I have is that they don't have a clam strip appetizer, because i really don't want the salad and fries that go with it as a dinner. The clams are so heavy and so heavily breaded that the salad and fries are just too much.
The atmosphere is nice and the serving staff I've had both times were very nice and helpful.

Visited September 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice, excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice atmosphere, good service, food choices were many. We would return and recommend to others who eat seafood.

Visited May 2013
Brigham City, Utah
“First time at McGraths”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have talked for a long time about going to McGraths but just never were in the right circumstance to make it happen. Finally had the chance prior to a REAL Salt Lake game.

Loved the clm chowder. Thick and delicious. Not too salty and chewy like others we've had. The shrimp was excellent and the deep fried fish crispy and not greasy or soggy.

Not very busy for a Saturday night, but we were early.

Would definitely return.

Gillette, Wyoming
“Awesome Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Though we had to wait to get a seat (despite the fact we could see empty tables everywhere) It was worth the wait. We had a wonderful dinner. We were all quite impressed with the food and the service was good. The food was excellent and the prices were quite surprisingly fair. The atmosphere is very nice and the restaurant was nice and clean. A very much enjoyed dinner experience! I would recommend this place to anyone!

Bozeman, Montana
“Was over it in 5 minutes flat.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a chain of restaurants, and I am not saying that's a bad thing. But this particular one was terrible for what I paid. The food was mediocre at best, the drink I ordered was lukewarm, and the server was simply awful. I sat for 15 minutes and THREE times the server went by, tapped on the table with her fingers, and said "I'll be right with you".....well, she was, 15 minutes later. Just horrible. I will not be darkening their door again.

• 3 of 5 stars