“Good Italian Food, nice atmosphere”

Fratelli Ristorante
Ranked #70 of 217 Restaurants in Sandy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Utah
“Good Italian Food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband and I just got back from our first visit to Fratelli's. I haven't heard of it before so I had no expectations of it. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. It is a great option when you are in the mood for Italian food when you don't feel like going to Olive Garden. I ordered the Chicken Parmesan, which is the typical thing I have when I go out for Italian food. It was a good sized portion. The chicken was good and the penne pasta was perfectly cooked and covered with a delicious marinara sauce! The raviolis looked good too. I enjoyed the atmosphere there and the service was good. The high point for me was their Chocobella cake that my husband and I split. I told him I wanted a whole cake of that for my birthday! Loved it! My husband cut the last bite in half, saving the last piece for me, and then instinctively went back for the very last piece before realizing it--it was so funny. So, I was just one bite shy of being completely satisfied. ;) I guess that just means we'll have to go back soon. Save room for dessert. :)

• Visited March 2012

Sandy, Utah
“Our new favorite Italian restaurant!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I have driven by here numerous times but never stopped because it's in a strip mall. That is until my hairdresser raved about this place. We stopped by last night for dinner and were 100% impressed. The food was amazing and it was such a great value. My husbands entree was $9.00 and mine was $13.00 which included bread and a salad.
I must mention the wine list was pretty good too and very price friendly($6.00 per glass). Dave(I think he is one of the owners)stopped by our table twice to check on us and gave us his business card with a take out menu.
Our server was very attentive and friendly.
We will come here often and is my choice over "Trio" now. :)

• Visited February 2012
Midvale, Utah
“More Sicilian than Italian, but overall great food!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We can't say enough about how terrific the appetizers were. The mussels and clams were cooked to perfection and the anti pasti was terrific. The dishes that we had with their red sauce were not as good as the linquini with clam sauce. The red sauce was over seasoned and almost tasted like the seasoning was thrown in only a few minutes before we ate - very strong and didn't have time to work its magic through the tomato sauce. It may have been an off night, so I will go back and try it again on another day - the apps were that good!

• Visited December 2011
“Disappointing food AND service”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Before visiting, we read the Tribune review, and looked at the Trip Advisor reviews as well. We were poised to have a good meal. The bread was good, but I ordered my salad with dressing on the side. It came already dressed, the waiter claiming he didn't hear my ordering dressing on the side. My partner ordered spaghetti and meatballs; it came with sausage instead, another screw up by the waiter. My vegetarian lasagna was NOT vegetables at all; it was a bowl of melted cheese (some overcooked pasta was mixed in, but not discernibly) with marinara sauce. The waiter offered to get me something else, so I ordered the special: butternut squash ravioli with burned butter sauce. It was VERY mediocre; the butternut squash was mixed with another ingredient which had no taste, nor seasonings at all, plus it ended up costing nearly twice as much as the entree I originally ordered! That was the final straw, to be charged nearly double! We will never go back; there are many other restaurants that give diners a MUCH better experience, better food and better service.

• Visited November 2011
Draper, ut
“Unexpected Pleasure”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The usual fare in the south end of the Salt Lake valley is franchise franchise franchise. That's what I expected when my wife and I went into Fratelli's. But what we got is a one-of-a-kind Italian restaurant, family owned, food made from scratch. We thoroughly enjoyed it and will return. If you go, ask to be seated in Stef''s section. She was delightful, pleasant, helpful and enhanced our dining experience.

• Visited October 2011