“Pretty good pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I were in the area for the RV show this weekend and she wanted pizza. Luckily Smoky Mountain has gluten free crusts.

We ordered take out.

I had a personal great white on thin crust, she had a carnivore pizza on a Gluten Free crust. We really liked both of them.

great price on the personal size, about 7 bucks....the GF was 17-18...I think it was a 10-12 inch pizza.

SmokyMtnPizza, Director of F & B at Smoky Mountain Pizzeria Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Ryan-

Glad you had a chance to check out the pizzas while you were in town. It is amazing how many people come in just for the gluten free pizzas & pastas and now it is really nice to have some of the grill items as well that fit that gluten free profile as well. Thanks for checking us out!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

On a recent visit I was going to order the lasagna, but asked the server if it was frozen. He replied that it was frozen, that it came that way from Sysco food service.

I then asked if the Baked spaghetti was made fresh, and was assured it was.

What arrived was baked spaghetti with canned marinara sauce, melted cheese and two previously FROZEN meatballs. You could tell they had been frozen as they were soft, spongy and watery.

The kitchen isn't cooking here, just reheating ingredients. I could stay home and defrost the same food served.

So why Tom, are you serving FROZEN food? If your grandmother was Italian would she serve frozen lasagna?

1  Thank Marty_CT
SmokyMtnPizza, Director of F& B at Smoky Mountain Pizzeria Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Hi Marty-

Thanks for the feedback it is always good thing to hear what our customers think. It’s not often that I wish I were a server again; I might have recommended a one of our from scratch pasta sauces like the Alfredo, or possibly the Sonoma with its sautéed chicken, mushrooms, and a white wine cream sauce baked with Parmesan, or possibly the grilled Hearts on Fire, featuring grilled romaine hearts topped with grilled chicken, blue cheese crumbles, toasted pine nuts, bacon, and drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette. The burgers are awesome as well…. Hopefully you are still in town doing a bit of skiing or just relaxing and can stop back in and check out a few of our other offerings!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you like to try new things go to Smoky Mountain Pizzeria Grill. They have very unique pizzas, salads, and other entrees. Try the Hearts on Fire Salad. It is really good. They also have great calzones.

SmokyMtnPizza, Director of F& B at Smoky Mountain Pizzeria Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

JM-

Nice to hear you are enjoying the salads! The Hearts on Fire has really been a great addition to the menu. Thanks for the great feedback!

Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Pasta, Pizza are really good. Good alternative for usual pizza. Kids like the food. Few beers on tap.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went on a Friday night in December and got seated immediately. The service was fine, but the food was SLOW in coming to the table. We were encouraged to try the brie kisses found on the appetizer menu and we did. Hmmm, a bit over priced for some puff pastry filled with air (no noticeable brie to be found in our kisses anyway). The jelly they serve with this item is delicious however. The food was good, but the portion lacking. I felt like I was served half the stuffed chicken breast. It didn't live up to the picture of the item on the menu anyway, but nothing ever seems to anywhere you go. We'll try again. My husband enjoyed his BBQ burger very much. But this place still could go either way in our opinion.